Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Celebrate the newfound freedom that came with those 3 beautiful words…back-to-school with a cocktail compliments of Mommy Mixology!

I cannot tell a lie, I was beyond psyched on the first day of school, I mean after a summer with 5 (sometimes 6) kiddos to take care of I kinda think I deserved a break…right ladies?

I know you’re thinking, “So what is Mommy Mixology and what does it have to do with me?”.  Well, Mommy Mixology just so happens to be a book filled with parenting mishaps turned into the inspiration for  playful cocktail recipes that will make you laugh and shake your head in agreement all at once.  With over 60 recipes and tons of great photos, author Janet Frongillo uses her own experiences raising 3 boys as the inspiration for the fun and funny cocktails in Mommy Mixology.


Mommy-Mixology-Book

I love this book, not only is it funny, it also has some pretty great cocktail recipes…here are a few of my favorites…

*  You think your house is all baby proofed, when Houdini baby proves he’s already faster and trickier than you…you definitely need the Houdini Hurricane.
*  When your toddler digs in his heels and comes back with “NO!” 367 times, shake it off with a refreshing No!Jito!
*  When your 3 year old pushes down his Pull-Ups and learns the difference between boys and girls, sit back and laugh with a Penis Colada.

Now just try and tell met that you’re not dying for a Penis Colada right now…that’s what I thought.  While the cocktails are all fantastic, the real winner is the cocktail names and the stories behind them.  The book follows a child’s journey from conception to kindergarten and  makes you laugh at all of the terrible times you had while your little one was growing up in. 

Looking for a new drink to try for ladies night?  Maybe you just need a break and a drink—or 5?  Whatever the reason, if you’re looking for a great cocktail recipe book then you have to try this one—it won’t disappoint! 

BUY IT! 
You can pick up Mommy Mixology:  A Cocktail for Every Calamity on Amazon!

Disclosure:  I received the products mentioned above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are 100% my own!

1 comment :

  1. I don't drink booze anymore. I have been sober for almost 10 years.
    Still, these recipes & other cocktail recipes are awesome if you just replace the booze or make them with out the booze.
    I have found a vanilla syrup at Walgreens (great instead of tiple sec)& other alternatives!
    My favorite "Mock" tails are the ones with grapefruit!
    I love a good virgin bloody mary ...I just use a heaping teaspoon of hot sauce instead of booze.
    When all esle fails...take any of these cocktails & make them "virgin" & then put a scoop of sugar free Dryers icecream in them or floating on the top!
    zestywonderland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!