Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, May 15, 2014

If your weeknight are like mine, then they are super busy!  Between work and baseball games and practices and just plain ole everyday life, I don't always have time to make a gourmet meal, heck, who am I kidding, most nights I barely have time to heat up Hamburger Helper.  Since I work nights, I am always on the lookout for a great Crock Pot meal that I can prepare in the morning and forget about it until it's time to chow down at night.  Thankfully I have an amazing cousin who definitely knows her way around the kitchen, who turned me on to something that is sure to become a favorite in our house, Crock Pot French Bread Pizza.

Now, I don't think Tiff called it that, but it's definitely what the mixture brings to mind (side note:  this would also make a killer lasagna filling).  So if you're on the lookout for a quick, easy, oh-so yummy crock pot meal...check this one out!


Crock-Pot French Bread Pizza "Sauce/Filling"

 




Ingredients

2 loafs of French Bread
1 pound of ground beef (browned and drained)
2 jars of pizza sauce
1 block of cream cheese
8 oz. bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup bacon (cut into small pieces)
1 package pepperoni (cut into small pieces)

Directions


1.  Brown and drain one pound of ground beef.
2.  Add ground beef, pizza sauce, cream cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, bacon and pepperoni to slow cooker and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.


3.  Slice french bread in half long ways and pop under the broiler until brown.


4.  Top french bread with a generous helping of the "sauce/filling", top with remaining cheese and place back under the broiler until bubbly and brown.


5.  Enjoy!



4 comments :

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!