Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I’ll admit that I get a ton of pitches every single day asking me to post about this or that and more often than not those emails go unanswered, maybe because the content isn’t a great fit for me or my audience, maybe just because I’m too busy, but there are those occasional times when an email comes through that I just have to share and that’s exactly what happened with a pitch that I received today.
If you’ve been around here for a while then you probably know that I live in an extremely small town (it’s actually called a village) and while it  can be overwhelmingly annoying, especially when you have to drive an hour to find a mall or decent Italian food, it also has it’s advantages and it’s those advantages that keep me here raising my family year after year.  The pitch I received today that I wanted to share with all of you is about the efforts of a few people from a small town in Montana called Philipsburg who are trying to get the word out about how awesome their little town is in hopes of bringing new life and new families there to build their lives and hopefully save their town.  Being a small-town girl myself, the story touched me and I wanted to share.  You can read all about Philipsburg and the efforts to save the town below.

philipsburg-montana
(Image Credit:  http://www.visitphilipsburg.com/)

TINY PHILIPSBURG, MT, POP. 840, LAUNCHES YEARLONG CAMPAIGN TO ATTRACT NEW RESIDENTS

Citing the New Economy that Allows People to Work Anyplace, Philipsburg Seeks New Millennium Pioneers to Embrace its Unique Lifestyle

Philipsburg, MT - June 3, 2013 - Philipsburg is looking for a few good families.  In an effort to shore-up its declining elementary school enrollment, the tiny Montana Silver Rush town (pop. 840) is putting out a formal call for its next wave of pioneers - this time the New Millennium kind.  The local Rotary Club and other community leaders have launched a yearlong media campaign targeting the growing members of the new economy who can "telework" anyplace they choose.  Those workers include dot-com employees, freelancers and sellers on sites like eBay.  People who need only broadband, UPS and perhaps occasional trips through the nearby Missoula International Airport to make a living.  The town believes its blue ribbon trout streams, a 9-to-1 student/teacher ratio in its schools, a low-traffic hospital, hiking, hunting, skiing,  zero crime and a perfectly preserved jewel of a mining town are an unbeatable combination for young families seeking a more picturesque small town life.  Men's Journal recently named Philipsburg "America's Coolest Town to Live in the Past" and many of the town's residents, new and old, think it is a perfect place to live in the future.

For more information, visit www.MovetoPburg.com.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!