Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, June 10, 2013

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”

image
If there’s one chore that I detest more than the rest, it’s doing the dishes and I’m willing to bet that I’m far from being the only mom who feels that way.  Thankfully I do have a dishwasher that saves me from hand washing the dishes several times a day, but thanks (or no thanks, rather) to my usual brand of dishwasher detergent, I seem to spend more time pre-rinsing before and re-washing after, than I should and that does not make this already way too busy mommy very happy.  Being a busy blogger who frequently photographs food (though doesn’t always find time to post about said food) it makes it a little frustrating when my dishes aren’t as sparkling and presentable as I’d like them to be and more often than not, I find myself shining my dishes up before I can take a photo of my recipes because my usual brand of dishwashing detergent isn’t cutting it…there has to be a better way…right
It was by chance that I was chosen to participate in a campaign for Cascade  through Mom Central, but I have to say, I haven’t been as impressed with a product review as I have been with Cascade Platinum, in a while.  I received a pack of Cascade Platinum Pacs earlier this week so I decided to switch from my usual brand to Cascade Platinum to see how they compared.  Before I get into my experience with Cascade Platinum, I thought I’d tell you a little bit about Cascade Platinum Pacs.

cascade

Cascade Platinum Pacs are designed to get even your toughest dishes clean, while also helping to keep the inside of your dishwasher sparkling clean and ready to tackle the dirtiest of messes.  Cascade Platinum Pacs feature a triple-action formula that not only leaves your dishes spot-free and helps break down tough to clean hard water build up on your dishwasher, they also virtually eliminate the need to pre-rinse, which is a huge time saver when you have a big family and a whole lot of dirty dishes!

As I mentioned above I switched my usual brand of dishwashing detergent out for Cascade Platinum a few days ago and I can’t wait to tell you (and show you) how well Cascade Platinum Pacs performed for me!  Since I have a rather large household I run the dishwasher at least a couple of times a day, which not only means wear and tear on my dishwasher, but given the unusually hard water around here, it also means more buildup than I would like inside my dishwasher, it was really nice to use a dishwasher detergent that got the job done and didn’t leave a lot of excess hardwater buildup on my dishwasher.  So before I started my trial with Cascade Platinum Pacs I took the opportunity to clean the inside of my dishwasher with a dishwasher cleaner so I could see if they made a difference in the amount of buildup on the inside of my dishwasher…so far I’m very happy to report that the buildup has been nonexistent.  Now onto the dishes and I always have plenty of them so putting Cascade Platinum Pacs to the test was not going to be a problem…at all.  I love telling all of you about how much I love a product or how well it performs for me, but whenever I have the opportunity to show you the product in action, I do prefer to let you see the results for yourself.  Check out the before and after using Cascade Platinum Pacs…

cascade collage

I have to admit, Cascade Platinum does makes my dishes sparkle a whole lot more than my old brand, with a whole lot less effort on my part!  Before trying Cascade Platinum Pacs I was rather unhappy with the brand of dish-washing detergent I was using, but now I’m thrilled to have found a brand that does a better job than my old brand at a very comparable price…I love that!

I mentioned early that as a blogger I take lots of pictures of my food to share online and how my old dish-washing detergent didn’t really make the dishes that food was served on as gorgeous as they could/should be and I’m not the only person who thinks presentation is important.   Gail Simmons editor of Food and Wine magazine and Top Chef judge has partnered with Cascade to help discuss why presentation of food is so important. 

Gail says…
  • From Prep to Plating:  it’s more than just a great-tasting recipe, but also perfect presentation that makes people want to eat the food in front of them.  Sparkling dishes, shining flat ware and spot-free glasses, truly let you put your best foot forward with culinary creations that pop!
  • Gail recommends impressing with a Platinum presentation:  “The easiest recipes pop with unexpected gourmet presentations.  Drizzle bright sauces on sparkling white plates or layer dessert in crystal clean glassware.  Keep your presentation sparkling with Cascade Platinum, which keeps dishes perfect for anytime entertaining or impromptu guests.”
You can find out more about Gail Simmon’s partnership with Cascade on Cascade’s Facebook page…make sure you give them a thumbs up while you’re there! 

Like playing with your food?  Then you have to check out the Cascade My Platinum Instagram contest…check out all of the details on the contest below!

The Cascade My Platinum contest is a four week Instagram contest encouraging fans to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes.  Show off how sparkly Cascade makes all of your pots, pans and plates!
  • Visit the contest landing page for instructions on how to enter and submit images….(http://tinyurl.com/PlatBlog).  (If you’re not currently an Instagram user you will be prompted to sign up on this page). 
  • Each week 2 lucky contestants will be selected to win a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher and one lucky grand prize winner will be selected to receive a Platinum Kitchen Makeover…who doesn’t love the sound of that!
  • To win you must register and upload a photo with the hashtag #MyPlatinum and tag @MyCascade.  Participants who have not registered will be disqualified from winning!
    Each week will have a 6-­‐day entry period where Instagram users can enter the contest with their #MyPlatinum Photo.  Cascade will choose two weekly winners and one final grand prize winner after the entry period has ended. Please be sure to include both the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade in your entries to the contest!
    Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-­‐6/9) Show us your best dish styled from the sparkling plate up!
    • Week 2: My Platinum Bite (Entry Period: 6/10-­‐6/16) Show us your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware!
    • Week 3: My Platinum Clink (Entry: 6/17-­‐6/23) Show us how you serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers!
    • Week 4: My Platinum Table (Entry Period: 6/24-­‐6/30) Show us your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
    • Grand Prize Winner (Entry: 6/3-­‐6/30)

    Get those cameras (or phones) out and start snapping those pictures, you never know, you could be the big winner!  And if you haven’t tried Cascade Platinum, what are you waiting for?  Next time you’re at the store grab a pack, you’ll be so glad you did!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!