Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, December 6, 2012

One of my all-time favorite networks for children’s programming has always been Nickelodeon; from the exceptional educational aspects of their preschool shows to the characters that my children (and I) have grown to love, Nickelodeon is and always will be, my favorite network for kids.  I can’t tell you how many of the characters have found their way into my house through the years and now Dora and SpongeBob and all the rest are just part of the family.  Since my children do like Nickelodeon so much, it would only make sense that their favorite characters would end up on their Christmas lists. 

Recently, I was given the opportunity to check out the 2012 Nickelodeon Holiday Gift Guide and I have to tell you, it’s filled with new products featuring all your kids’ favorites like, Dora the Explorer, Team Umizoomi, Bubble Guppies, Victorious, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I just have to say, I was kinda impressed with all of the goodies that I’m sure will be on lots of wish lists this holiday season! 

Thanks to the awesome people at Nickelodeon, I was able to get my hands on a couple of items from the gift guide to review and I can’t wait  to share my thoughts with all of you…

team-umizoomi-toys

Both Lil Man and Lil Diva love Team Umizoomi, in fact, prior to my son starting school this year, Umizoomi seemed to be his math teacher, I couldn’t believe how easily he learned things watching the show that I had been trying to teach him for months—thank goodness I decided teaching wasn’t for me early on in my college career.  I am amazed at how much both of my children learn when they watch this show—I’m always impressed and both the characters and the show are absolutely adorable.  We had the opportunity to check out Mighty Musical Milli, one of the characters from Team Umizoomi.  Milli is even more adorable in plush form and she’s the perfect gift for Lil Diva who loves to learn, but gets bored with it very easily.  In addition to having two modes of play (Interactive Learning and Musical Activities), Mighty Musical Milli is the perfect size and weight for Lil Diva to tote around everywhere with her…what’s not to love?  For $29.99 Mighty Musical Milli has my vote for one of the top contenders for favorite products of 2012!  If your little one loves Umizoomi, but prefers Geo, not to worry, Mighty Musical Geo is also available as well as lots of other hot holiday toy items from Nickelodeon.  Check out the video below of Mighty Musical Milli in action!


It wouldn’t have felt right to check out some of the best Nickelodeon holiday items without finding something for Lil Man to have fun with and that’s when the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ninja Stealth Bike caught my eye.  My Lil Man has been a fan of the four green “bad guy getters” as he calls them, for a while now thanks to his big brother and he loves action figures with cool bikes so this was perfect for him.  I can’t help but share the memory that comes to mind whenever I think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it’s like I’m instantly transported to my childhood and memories of sitting on the floor at my Aunt D’s house watching TMNT on Saturday morning with my little cousins—ah, memories.  So even though I wasn’t as into them as my cousin was, I can still definitely appreciate that my son loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as much as he does.  As far as toys go, I’m pretty sure that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ninja Stealth Bike ranks pretty high on the awesomeness chart!  In addition to just looking flat out awesome, the Ninja Stealth Bike is just like the one from the TV show and it’s compatible with all of the basic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures, so all of the guys can take a turn, though the Ninja Stealth Bike does come with an  exclusive Raphael action figure—total score.  Seriously though, if you have a few TMNT fans in your house, then the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ninja Stealth Bike should definitely be on your list and for less than $20 you can’t beat the price or the satisfaction of knowing that you scored a great deal on an awesome gift for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan in your life!TMNT-Stealth-bike
I hope these products give you some inspiration, you never know, they may be making an appearance under your tree this holiday season!  Don’t forget to check out our 2012 Holiday Gift Guide that’s packed with great gift ideas for every member of the family!

Disclosure:  I received the products mentioned above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are 100% my own!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!