Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alright moms and dads, Pop Quiz! 
What’s the most important part of the whole back-to-school shopping process?  The clothes of course!  tea-collection-logo

I’m a major shopaholic, or I used to be anyway—lack of funds nips excess over-shopping in the bud real quick, and my one true weakness is new clothes.  Unfortunately for me, all four of my children have followed in my footsteps when it comes to loving clothes, and shopping for new clothes for back-to-school is always the highlight of their summer break.  To be honest, they’re not the only ones who love shopping for new school clothes, so do I and even though the clothes might not happen to be for me, I still love every second of it.  Of course, I couldn’t talk about shopping for clothing for my kiddos without mentioning one of my all-time favorite places to find adorable, quality, unique kids clothes…Tea!

If you’ve been a reader here for a while, then you probably already know about my love obsession with Tea Collection for my kids, seriously, I adore this place—maybe a little more than I should given my penchant for overspending, oh well, we’ll just not tell my husband.  Moving on, I love that Tea gathers inspiration from around the world and fashions that inspiration into some of the cutest children’s clothing I’ve ever seen.  I get super excited each and every time I get a catalog in the mail, I’m always waiting to see what part of the world they’ve traveled to this time, so it only makes sense that Tea’s Nordic Design page, a place I can go to find out more about the current collection and why Tea traveled to Scandinavia for inspiration!  So given my very deep love for Tea I couldn’t do a back-ttea-6o-school feature without mentioning them and the best part about mentioning them in my feature…new clothes to review of course!
If you’ve never heard of Tea, you have no idea what you’re missing; between their adorable, durable clothing and the passion and love that goes into building each collection…Tea remains a go-to brand when I’m in need of something unique and amazing and they’ve never let me down!   Though I’ve always enjoyed all of the collections from Tea, their Fall 2012 line is by far my favorite!  The Fall 2012 collection was inspired by the “eye-pooping colors”,”bold florals” and the hoards of bikes traveling down cobblestone streets that they (the inspiration  experience in their travels to Denmark, Sweden and Finland.  I think Tea’s own words best sum up their inspiration…”to us, the best Nordic design combines a clean and modern feeling with the charm of handmade crafts”…I don’t think I could have said it any better myself.

The amazing rep at Tea, she’s seriously one of my favorites, gave me a gift code to go shopping for the items I wanted to review…this is always my favorite part of the review.  Since Lil Man started kindergarten this past week, I decided that he would be the perfect kiddo to model some of Tea’s Fall 2012 collection for my review.   Of course, that gave way to Lil Diva demanding that she also “pick something cute” and if you know Lil Diva, then you also know that she doesn’t handle not getting her way with as much poise as I’d like, so to save a meltdown, I opted to let the Diva choose a couple of things as well…it really was the only way.  As much as I love browsing the Tea website, it often makes it extremely hard for me to stay within budget, but I somehow managed to choose only 4 items for Lil Man and Lil Diva to review—it was SO hard since everything is so darn cute. 

tea-collage

Since I very much believe that chivalry isn’t entirely dead, I’ll share with all of you Lil Diva’s choices first.   Being the fashionista that she is, this girl knows her stuff, she immediately loved the Cycle Chic Tee and begged for me to choose it for her.  I must admit, she definitely has good taste, the Cycle Chic Tee is definitely my favorite tee from the Fall 2012 line and possibly my favorite Tea tee ever—I love this top, it’s too cute!  The Copenhagen inspired colors and graphics give this tee a whimsical, playful, peaceful feel that I adored the moment I laid eyes on it.  I also chose the Aurinko Flower Stripe Top for Lil Diva, I love the blues and the flower adds a pop of color that doesn’t overwhelm the stripes, but accentuates them…well done Tea, well done.

Lil Man is the polar opposite of Lil Diva when it comes to clothing, while she loves clothes and shopping and trying on different outfits, he sees clothing as optional, unless putting them on means that he’s going to get to go outside and play, so getting him to choose a couple of items for me to review was a challenge.  I finally settled on two of my favorites from the boys clothing line and as soon as they arrived Lil Man changed his tune and couldn’t wait to try on the Bjorn-bot Layered Tee.  I chose the Bjorn-bot tee for Lil Man because I thought the yellow matched his vibrant and warm personality to a, well…tee (sorry, it was necessary) and Lil Man loved the tee because of the super cool robot the adorns the front  a definite win-win for me.  I also chose the Bali Rocks Tee for my son because I loved the color and I knew that the dragon graphic on the front would be a big hit with Lil Man…I was so right, he loves it! 

If you’ve never heard of Tea, or if it’s been a while since you took a second to browse their site, I definitely encourage you to check them out…you’ll love the Fall 2012 collections for boys and girls!  You can also check out Tea on Facebook to find out the scoop on Tea! 

Happy shopping! 

Disclosure:  I was provided with a gift card to purchase the clothing mentioned above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are my own.

1 comment :

  1. Oh I love the Tea Collection! They are more expensive, but such a GREAT quality of childrens clothes! I have shopped there before and just loved what I got! Love the tees you picked out! So cute

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!