Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, September 19, 2011

image

 

Having 4 kids means several things; I get less sleep than I did when I had one child, trying to figure out the seating arrangement at the dinner table is a whole lot more complicated when there are more than two children, and probably the biggest thing—I’m never going to be wearing a size 2 again—ever!  And while I have come to terms with most of the things listed above, I still hold out hope that one day my metabolism will suddenly decide to speed up again…hey, it could happen!

 

Since wishing my metabolism were on speed is not really doing much to help me lose weight, I have started eating healthier, much to the dismay of my family, and one of the area’s that I’ve definitely cut back in is snacks.  I’ve never been much of a snack person, but since having my last child (nearly 3 years ago) I have developed a major sweet tooth and that has definitely contributed to my recent weight gain.  When I heard that I was one of the bloggers chosen to review some Weight Watchers ice cream I was all kinds of excited, but also a little apprehensive.

 

 

Honestly, when I think of low fat, or diet food I think, “this cannot taste good”, so I was naturimageally a little nervous about trying the ice cream.  I received a few different varieties of Weight Watchers ice cream to review;

 

New Weight Watchers Snack Size Ice Cream Sandwiches

New Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Dulcé de Leché Dessert Bars

New Weight Watchers Strawberry Fruit Bar

Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar

 

Normally ice cream is one of those words that you only spell in front of the kids, you know so you can hoard it all for yourself, what, it’s not like I do that all of the time or anything, but since I wanted to see how well the kiddos liked the Weight Watchers ice cream bars I decided to let them know as soon as they got here!  It didn’t take long before all four of my kids were standing in the kitchen begging for ice cream.  I let each of the kiddos choose which ice cream they wanted, two choose the Dark Chocolate Dulcé de Leché Dessert Bars  and two chose the Strawberry Smoothie Bars, and since the Strawberry Smoothie Bars looked amazing my BIL and I chose those as well.  As soon as I took the first bite I was instantly amazed that I was eating something that only contained 60 calories!  I thought for sure that the kids wouldn’t like the ice cream, but again, I was amazed at how much they enjoyed it…loved it is actually more accurate!  Seriously all of the ice cream bars were so good that they didn’t last very long around my house, except for the few I hide for myself, but shhhh don’t  tell the kids! 

 

image

 

While we enjoyed all of the flavors, we did have our favorites:  the Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar which is honestly too good to be “diet food” and the New Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Dulcé de Leché Dessert Bars, both were just amazingly yummy!

 

If you’re trying to lose weight, or maybe just trying to eat a little healthier, you should definitely check out Weight Watchers, even if it’s just for the ice cream!

 

*I received the products mentioned above for my review…all opinions expressed are my own!*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!