Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, September 19, 2011

imageThis coming weekend my husband and I are going on a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg, TN—I can’t wait!  The cabin is in the process of being booked (this is taking forever by the way), our activities are planned out (can you say ziplining and horseback riding?), and our wine glasses are itchy in anticipation of the flipflop Moscato that will definitely be on hand!

 

My husband and I have been fans of flipflop wines for several month now, since we had a chance to check out a few of their amazing offerings this past March, and I’m happy to report that with every new wine we have a chance to check out we seem to find a new favorite. 

 

My husband has enjoyed Moscato wine for a couple of years, ever since our last trip to Tennessee as a matter of fact, he has chosen it consistently as his wine of choice.  I, on the other hand, have only recently became a fan of Moscato, but it has definitely grown on me!  image

 

If you’re not familiar with flipflop wines, let me be the first to introduce you!

 

From the flipflop wines website:

 

flipflop wines: to each, their own

With flipflop wines, we have embraced the movement toward individualistic expression, instead of manufacturing wines into some cookie-cutter style that’s all the rage. Our goal is to craft expressive, well-balanced wines that evoke just what the grapes inside intended, without being over-wrought or over-explained, and that can be enjoyed at any occasion.

 

We received a bottle of flipflop’s Moscato recently to review and couldn’t have been happier at the task of sampling it! 

 

“flipflop’s Moscato is a light bodied wine with floral aromas, semi-sweet palate, and a soft finish. 

It is full of Crisp, bright aromas and a balance of sweet notes.  It’s best served chilled with Pad Thai, Chinese chicken salad or vegetable curry.  “

 

My husband and I decided to try out our flipflop Moscato with a rare meal of chicken curry, one of his favorites though far from one of mine.  I was hesitant about pairing the wine with the meal, but since the wine seems to compliment Asian cuisine  I thought that they would pair well with one another—I was right!  The Moscato seemed to provide, at least me, with the perfect amount of sweet to counteract the heat in the meal…it was flawless!  Flipflop’s Moscato tasted every bit as amazing as some of the more expensive brands that I’ve tried, and my husband was even impressed (which is not an easy thing to do) so flipflop Moscato will definitely be our first choice in Moscato from now on…and I already have a bottle (or 3) set aside for our trip to Gatlinburg this weekend!

 

Buy it!

 

You can purchase flipflop Moscato and other fabulous wines for $7 online and where ever wine and beer are sold nationwide!

 

*I received the item above for review…all opinions expressed are my own!*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!