Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, it’s week 2 of fall semester for me and I am already officially exhausted!  Between my family, my blog, and school I barely have time to sleep, not that my children would allow that to happen anyway.  I started out this semester with 4 classes, but after the disaster that was last semester I decided not to make my GPA suffer anymore and I dropped my algebra class, believe there was no love loss, I detest math. 

In case you don’t already know I am currently a junior at Northern Kentucky University, though I swear it feels like I’ve been in school forever, and I’m what one would call a “non-traditional student” meaning that I take my classes online.  I have been an online student for most of my college career, and it definitely has it advantages, but it can also be rather annoying.  One of the best things about being an online student is that I can be home with my children while still attending school, unfortunately that’s also one of the worst things about being an online student.  Of course, there’s also Blackboard, the online course delivery system, that is a major thorn in my side.

image

I’ve been using Blackboard to access my courses online for a few years now and every single year there seem to be a whole new host of problems; from not being able to use the FireFox browser to access BB (the one and only browser that seems to work without major hiccups is IE, does anyone even use that anymore?) to not being able send big files it’s just one mess after another.  It may not sound like a huge deal that I can’t transfer large files without a headache, but when you have an assignment that consists of Word documents, images, flow charts, and various other attachments that you can’t send all at once due to size restrictions, it is the worst!

Aside from having issues with browsers and large file transfer, I am trying to stay positive this semester, I mean, the semester only really started I’m sure it can get a lot worse—maybe I shouldn’t have said that out loud.  Alright I’m off to knock on some wood and find my lucky rabbits foot, I’ll keep you updated as this semester progresses. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!