Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I’ve been craving fudge, peanut butter fudge to be exact, since last week when I saw a fellow blogger mention making some.  Now, there were a couple of things I could do about this craving: 

1.  Shut the part of my brain off that’s responsible for such awful things…um not likely at all.
or
2.  Give in, find a recipe, and EAT IT ALL!

So I did the logical thing and called my mom and she produced in a major way! 

I have to admit before even starting this that I am not much of a cook and my experience with making candy is limited to chocolate covered pretzels, hey, it counts because it’s chocolate so I needed a recipe that even I couldn’t mess up and this one is that and then some!  I don’t really know where this recipe came from I just know that my mom has been making it (and I have been stuffing my face with it) for years.  It’s super simple (5 ingredients) and so good you’ll want to double the recipe!   By the way, even though these peanut butter fudge squares are definitely an indulgence, you can still enjoy them while dieting! Check out Sensa to learn how you can lose weight while eating your favorite foods

012

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients

2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 /3 cup peanut butter
1 7oz. container marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions

Bring sugar and milk to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  I always let mine boil just a tab bit longer, because well, that’s what my mom always did and hers was always amazing so it’s that whole, “if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it” thing.

002

Once the mixture has boiled for 3 minutes (or if you want to be like me, and I know that you do, 3 and a half minutes) add peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and vanilla.  Mix well.

006

After peanut butter mixture has been thoroughly mixed pour into a buttered (the recipe didn’t call for this step, but I figured it was probably a smart idea) 8x8 pan and chill.

008


Allow fudge to chill completely and viola you have the most amazing peanut butter fudge goodness EVER! 

011

6 comments :

  1. This looks so good! My mom loves fudge, I'll have to make this for her sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had peanut butter fudge, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, this is going to be a great treat for my peanut butter loving husband for his birthday this month!!! Thanks for the great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this sounds so easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so good and i love fudge!

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!