Every year around this time I sit down and make a list...a list of things that I resolve to do in the new year. Now ask me how often I actually stick to these resolutions...the answer...NEVER. Sure I write them with the best of intentions, but somewhere between writing them and when the clock strikes midnight on December 31st I seem to forget all about them. This year I've decided to be realistic in my approach to resolutions...instead of resolving to do what I know I will not I am going to resolve to do things I already do...just better! So here are my New Years Un-Resolutions for 2009.
- Be more patient...Alright so this one I may or may not already do. I try to be patient, but when I have 4 kids screaming, diapers to be changed, laundry to be done, dinner to be made, and bottles to wash my patience can wear pretty thin.
- Laugh more...This one I can definitely do! Laughing is so much more important than anyone wants to give it credit. Laughter is indeed the best medicine!
- Cry less...I'm not sure about this one. 2008 was a pretty crappy year for the most part I sure hope that 2009 is better!
- Help others...While I do try to do my part, I know that I can do more. This year I want to find a great cause that I believe in and help in any way that I can. I also want my children to get involved in charities, because I believe it is so important to give back as much as you can.
- Fight for what I believe in...This year I am making it my personal mission to find a way to change the child support laws in our country. There are too many children not being supported by their dead beat parents and it needs to stop!