Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Again I feel the need to confess my obsession with all things makeup, I know that if you've been around here for a while then you already know that, but if you haven't, then I guess the cat's out of the bag. 

I used to be a strictly drugstore makeup kinda gal, mostly because buying things like formula and diapers had to come before buying makeup, but this year for my birthday my husband bought me the Naked 2 and Naked 3 eyeshadow palettes and I discovered a whole new world of higher priced makeup that I was missing out on.  Now I will say that for the most part my makeup collection does still consist of drugstore makeup, especially my eyeshadow collection because I already had a ton of it, but once I had the chance to experiment with higher end makeup I was hooked.

This post is going to focus on my favorite eyeshadow palettes that I own, a couple of those are going to be high-end and the rest are drugstore and I promise that they are all worth scouring the drugstore or spending a little more money.

First and foremost is my absolute favorite (and most used palette) the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay.  If you own this palette then you know exactly what I'm talking about already, it's an amazing palette that is the follow-up to the uber popular Naked palette by Urban Decay.  The palette is filled with 12 (amazingly gorgeous) taupe-hued neutrals and is perfect for everything from an everyday neutral makeup look, to a more dramatic look for a night out.  I use this palette nearly every day and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

Favorite Colors from the Naked 2 Palette:  Tease (a matte taupe color that is super gorgeous and can be used in a bazillion different looks!).  Chopper (a super shimmery, rosey gold, almost copper color that is to-die for.  I love using it on looks for just a little bit of dramatic flare, but it can certainly be used for a more glam look as well.)  Foxy  I use this all over the eye as a base, it's also my favorite color to use on my lid for a very simple, clean, gorgeous natural look.

If you don't currently own the Naked 2 palette, I would definitely suggest adding it to your collection, for me (and lots of others) it's a definite must-have makeup item!


Next up is the follow-up to the Naked 2 palette, Naked 3!  Naked 3 couldn't be more different than the Naked 2 palette as it is full of gorgeous rose gold colors that are perfect for a soft, romantic date night look or just a playful and fun everyday look.  While I prefer the Naked 2 palette to the Naked 3, I do love the variation of colors in the Naked 3 palette and can I just say that all of the Naked palettes are super pigmented, super creamy and so easily blendable to create any number of fabulous looks!

Favorite Colors from the Naked 3 Palette:  Nooner (a taupey-pink shade that just looks incredible as a transition or even crease color.  Factory (this darker, slightly shimmery shade is perfect for intensifying the other V...makes your look more intense and sultry).

One of my all-time favorite drugstore eye-shadows are the Wet 'N' Wild ColorIcon line.  I own most of the trios and several of the 8 pan palettes.  If you use Wet 'N' Wild shadows already then you know exactly why they are some of my favorites.  Aside from being some of the most (or in my opinion the most) pigmented drugstore eye-shadows, they are also super creamy and so easily bendable.  My current favorite (which I just found at my local Rite Aid is the Limited Edition "Walking the Red Carpet" 8 pan palette and I am obsessed!  The colors are to-die for and the quality is exactly what I've come to expect from Wet 'N' Wild!  So what's the best thing about Wet 'N' Wild eye-shadows?  Aside from the quality, it's definitely the price...they are all super cheap, with most trios selling for under $3 and the 8 pan palettes for around $5!
(Image Credit:  Wet n Wild)


Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quads have definitely been a staple in my makeup collection for as long as I can remember!  The combination of gorgeous colors, creamy shadows and super-long staying power, has kept me constantly coming back for more!  One of my all-time favorite quads is the Precocious quad, which is full of gorgeous colors that make a great night out smokey eye ridiculously easy to pull off!  If you haven't given Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quads a try, pick up one (or five) the next time you head to the drugstore, I promise...you'll love the results!

 (Image Credit:  Revlon)


I hope I've given you some great ideas for new eyeshadow palettes that you can add to your makeup collection!  If I've missed a must-have eyeshadow palette, let me know in the comments, or if you have one that you swear by that I just have to try, let me know that as well...I'm always open to new makeup suggestions!

Until next time!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!