Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I have a bit of a confession to make…I’m kinda a deodorant addict.  I know that may sound a little strange, but if you ask anyone who knows me in real life, they’ll tell you that I do indeed have a “deodorant issue”, that’s what we like to call it.  It’s not unheard-of  for me to have at least 2 sticks of deodorant with me all the time, actually it’s rather uncommon if I don’t. 

secret-deodorant-logo

So why you may ask do I have a “deodorant issue”? 

Well, to be honest, I just want to smell good—like all the time. 

Since I do have a bit of an addition to it, I would kinda, sorta consider myself a deodorant  aficionado; I’ve used nearly every brand and while I do have one brand that I use more than others, I’m always open to trying new brands and new products.  One of the brands of deodorant that I’ve used for years is Secret, so when I received an email asking me to try their Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response deodorant, I just couldn’t resist. 

Before I get into my own opinions of the Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response deodorant, let me tell you a little more about the product itself…

Secret deodorant commissioned a study women’s stresses with HealthyWomen* and found that whether personal or work related, running late was the most stressful scenario reported by women at almost 70%, I can definitely attest  to that! 

An effect of all that stress, which you might not have realized is happening, is stress sweat – which actually smells worse than other causes of sweat! New Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response can help protect you from the odor and wetness that’s caused by stress sweat with its proprietary BCD technology: odor-neutralizing molecules that trap and neutralize odor, then replace it with a fresh scent to keep you smelling clean. This is critical for stress sweat, because unlike sweat caused by heat or physical activity, the odor from stress sweat is stronger so simply masking it with fragrance can make it smell worse.

Oprah's Lifeclass Curriculum Contributor and Life Coach, Martha Beck gave us some tips on how best to navigate Valentine’s Day related stress (and we all know how stressful that day can be) and I think they’re actually great tips in general that can be used every day of the year…check them out!

Just like Valentine’s Day gift giving can be super stressful, so can other gift giving holidays (Christmas, Birthdays, etc), but Martha has this to say about that stressful gift-giving…”Skip the gift-giving stress by just expressing what’s truly in your heart, without worrying about your beloved’s reaction.”  I don’t know about you, but that makes complete sense to me!  Romantic relationships can make you hot under the collar in more ways than one, but Martha says that if you start the day with Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response you’re less likely to experience the kind of sweat and odor that will make you less attractive and much more likely to come out smelling like a rose!

secret-stress-response-deodorant

I have to admit, I am very picky about the types of deodorant I use, remember my confession about being a scent snob?, yeah well multiply that by 50 and you can get a better idea of how picky I am when it comes to my deodorant.  I’m also a little hesitant when I try a new deodorant, but Secret has always been such a loved brand for me that I had a feeling I would really like the new Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response. 

I received the Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response in Serene Citrus scent and wasted no time at all trying it out.  Since my life is so full of stress all the time, it didn’t take long for me to put the Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response to the ultimate test at the last of Sporty Spice’s peewee basketball games.  After spending all day at  the school watching and waiting on games, I had words with another parent and immediately after that watched one of the most stressful, tense games I’ve ever watched my daughter play—to say that the deodorant was tested, is a huge understatement…I gave it heck!  Normally I spend game days worrying about my deodorant (because, like I said, I have issues), but through all of the stress of that last game, I didn’t worry once, because while everything else that day was crazy and out of control, my deodorant, did its job and kept the stinky stress sweat at bay—way  to go Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response!

If you sometimes find yourself in the middle of that stinky stress sweat, then make sure you check out Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response, available wherever personal hygiene products are sold.

Disclosure:  I received the product mentioned above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are 100% my own!

1 comment :

  1. I make my own deoderant using a wet cloth and baking soda. Use water to turn the baking soda into a paste and then spread it under your arms with a wet cloth.
    It works great! I never stink!

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!