Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, January 18, 2013

lancome-logo

Something that you may not know about me is how much of a makeup junkie I am…seriously, I could live without lots of things, but never without my makeup!  While my makeup taste has changed many, many times since I began wearing it twenty-something years ago (wow, I’m really showing my age) one thing that hasn’t changed is how much I adore mascara.  If I could choose only one piece of makeup to wear every day it would be mascara—seriously, it does amazing things when applied correctly! 

Since I adore makeup, and more specifically mascara, so much, you can imagine how excited I was to try Lancôme’s new Hypnôse Star mascara!  Truth be told, I adore Lancôme, I love their makeup and their mascara has long been a favorite of mine so I knew I’d like the Hypnôse Star mascara, but I didn’t think I’d love it as much as I do!  lancome-betty-boop

About Lancôme’s Hypnôse Star mascara…

Inspired by the sensuous femininity of 1930’s Hollywood films, Lancôme’s new Hypnôse Star exudes theatrical glamour like no other mascara.  Encased in a sparkling sequined tube (one of my very favorite things about Hypnôse Star ) the volumizing mascara coats lashes I a sumptuously decadent formula that makes for a spotlight-stealing gaze.  A dual-sided brush creates ultra-glam eyes, by building intense volume at the lash line and finishing with alluring length and curl. 

Who better to capture Hypnôse Star’s essence than longtime Lancôme model Daria Werbowy and the playfully mischievous Betty Boop?  Who doesn’t love Betty Boop!?!  The first ever comic heroine, Boop’s flirtatiously long eyelashes and “boo-boo-bee-doo” catchphrase have come to typify the eternally youthful spirit of old Hollywood! 

What Makes Lancôme’s new Hypnôse Star mascara the best?

*  Flat and oblique-sided brush wand.  The two flat sides load lashes with mascara, while the longer fibers of the oblique sides separate, lengthen and curl

*  Triangular shape.  Reach long and baby lashes with ease

*  Two types of wax.  A blend of soft waxes swathe lashes in volume, while carnauba wax sets pin-up model curl

I have to admit, I’ve used a ton of mascara over the past 20 years and Lancôme’s new Hypnôse Star mascara, is definitely among my favorites!  I love the sparkly case, but the real winner is the length and volume that Hypnôse Star gives to my lashes.  My lashes are very average and while I have used fake lashes in the past to make up for the lack of natural lashes, they are quite a pain to wear all the time.  That means that I have to depend on mascara and a good eye lash curler to help give the appearance of great lashes and Hypnôse Star makes that super easy to do…I love it!  You can see me  wearing Lancôme’s Hypnôse Star mascara below!

me-lancome

BUY IT!

If you’re looking for a mascara to help give you the look of old Hollywood glamour, I’d definitely recommend Lancôme’s new Hypnôse Star mascara, available at Sephora and Lancôme counters nationwide as well as online at lancome,com!   Suggested retail:  $28

Disclosure:  I received the products listed above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are my own!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!