**Updated with winner at the bottom of this post**
Thanks to all who entered!
If you’re a parent you know how important it is to have a paper towel that is not only soft enough to clean your precious little one’s face, but strong enough to clean up that darling ones messes as well. Whether you’re cleaning up the remnants of your little Picasso’s latest masterpiece or muddy paw prints courtesy of your favorite furry friend with VIVA paper towels the job is made so much easier!
VIVA is partnering with Food Network’s Sunny Anderson to help you Get Closer to Your Food! And before I make your day with a great recipe from Sunny Anderson I thought I would let you see for yourself how well VIVA tackles tough messes!
With the holidays fast approaching who doesn’t want some help in the kitchen or a great recipe for Buffalo Wings that will make you the talk of the town!
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson for VIVA® towels
For the Wings:
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch sticks and chilled in an ice bath
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Blue Cheese Dip (about 2 cups):
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 shakes of hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Fill a large 5 to 6-quart heavy pot with 2-inches of oil. Heat over medium heat until a deep fry thermometer registers 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Working in batches, pat 5 to 6 wings dry with VIVA® towels. Gently drop wings into the hot oil. Move them gently in the oil with a spider or slotted spoon so the wings don't stick together. Fry until crispy and golden, about 7 minutes. Remove to a VIVA® towel lined plate and season with salt immediately. Continue with remaining batches.
Melt butter over medium heat in a small sauce pan with the hot sauce and lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Pour into a large bowl and add wings. Toss to coat well. Remove celery sticks from water and drain on Viva® towels.
Serve chicken wings on a platter with celery sticks and blue cheese dip.
Blue Cheese Dip: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Create your own hand wipes for guests to clean up after eating messy Chicken Wings by using VIVA® Select-A-Size towels. Fold individual VIVA® towels in half lengthwise, then, starting at one of the short ends, roll each towel into a tight spiral. Repeat with as many VIVA® towels as desired. Prepare lemon water by squeezing fresh lemon juice into clean water in a bowl. Soak prepared VIVA® towels in lemon water and arrange on a small tray. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
So how would you like a little help with some of your toughest messes? One lucky Misadventures in Baby Raising reader is going to get just that, with a years supply (12 rolls) of VIVA paper towels!
Win it! To be entered into this giveaway leave me a comment telling me why you need VIVA paper towels at your house! Must be a complete sentence! This is mandatory and must be completed before you are qualified for extra entries!
Extra Entries! Please leave separate comments for each extra entry!
- Follow Misadventures in Baby Raising via my RSS feed, Email, or on Blogger…2 extra entries each!
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway…1 Tweet Per Day = 1 Extra Entry per day!
- Grab one of my buttons (please change the code in my main button if you already have the old button)…2 extra entries each!
- Join the Blastoff Network http://ppl.blastoffnetwork.com/allisonproffitt…5 extra entries!
- Become a Fan of Misadventures in Baby Raising on Facebook (and post about this giveaway)…4 extra entries!
- Follow VIVA on Twitter…2 extra entries!
- Become a Fan of VIVA on Facebook…2 extra entries!
- Comment on any non-giveaway post…1 extra entry per comment!
- Enter any other giveaway on MIBR…1 extra entry per additional entry!
- Blog about this giveaway with links to this post and VIVA…5 extra entries!
This giveaway ends on Tuesday November 24, 2009 at 11:59 PM EDT. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced in this post! Winner will have 48 hours to contact me and claim their prize; failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize and me choosing another winner.
US Entrants Only Please
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-11-26 00:39:59 UTC