Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back-to-school shopping may have ended a few months ago, but that doesn’t mean that us moms and dads don’t have to think about buying more “stuff” for our kids until next year.  Unfortunately, school clothes get “accidentally ruined”, school supplies run out and backpacks, well, they just need to be replaced from time to time, you know, due to freak accidents and by freak accidents I mean my kids gave them hell and then called it an “accident”.

Sporty Spice is all about looking fashionable and don’t let the nickname fool you, she may be one of the best athletes I know, but she is also a major fashionista!  Given her Diva tendencies, SS has a definite need to look her best, that means that not only do her clothes have to be spot on, but her accessories do as well, right down to her backpack. 

The-North-Face-Collage

When I found out that I would be doing a review for The North Face (which is one of my favorite companies…like, ever) I was super excited and since SS’s backpack broke 3 weeks into the school year the review couldn’t have come at a better time.  Since we’re all quite familiar with The North Face, one of my all-time favorite fleece jackets is from The North Face and I’m pretty sure that in a fire, I would grab my jacket first…alright I’d grab my kids first, but my jacket would come next, Sporty Spice knew that she would not only be getting a highly functional, well-made backpack (that wouldn’t break in a week or two), she knew that it would also be killer (that’s her word for like, awesome).  For those of you who are unfamiliar with The North Face, let me take this opportunity to get you acquainted.

About The North Face
The North Face, named for the coldest, most unforgiving side of a mountain, began on a beach in San Francisco in 1966 when two hiking enthusiasts decided to start their own mountaineering retail store.  Over the years The North Face has expanded their line from hiking equipment to products for nearly outdoor activity and sport known to man.  With almost 40 years of outfitting extreme athletes under their belts, The North Face offers their fans an extensive line of performance apparel, equipment and footwear. 

The North Face is constantly coming up with new and innovative materials, designs and construction to provide their fans with the best in outdoor equipment and apparel.  In addition to striving to bring new and innovative products and materials to the masses, The North Face also has a deep passion for protecting the environment that inspires their passion and reminds them to Never Stop Exploring!

The North Face very kindly sent us their  Happy Camper backpack to review a few weeks ago and as I mentioned earlier, it couldn’t have come at a better time as the zipper on the backpack Sporty Spice got for school this year decided to break around the same time.  I know I say this a lot when I do product reviews, but I really do love not only  this backpack, but the company itself.  The Happy Camper backpack is a child-size version of the adult Borealis Backpack, this scaled-down model is big enough to hold standard size folders, but still small enough as not to overwhelm elementary age children with its size.  I was a little unsure upon opening the backpack, that it would fit all of Sporty Spice’s books and various odds-and-ends, but she’s been nothing but pleased with the backpack.  I also have to mention that given her affinity for all things sporty, she loves that this backpack isn’t all glitter and frills, she likes that the backpack serves its purpose, while still having enough flare to separate it from most of her classmates backpacks—sounds like a win to me!  The Happy Camper backpack is available in 5 different colors/patterns and retails for $45…a small price to pay for what SS and I think is as close to backpack perfection as it gets!  If you’re on the lookout for a kids backpack, then I definitely suggest checking out The North Face and hey, make sure you pick up one of their fleece jackets while you’re there….you’ll thank me later!

Also make sure you check out The North Face on Facebook and Follow The North Face on Twitter!

Disclosure:  I received the products mentioned above to facilitate my review…all opinions are 100% my own!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!