Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, May 31, 2012

liceguard.logoThere are a few four letter words that are the pretty awful, but for parents, none is worse than the L word, you know what I’m talking about…lice.

School may be out for the summer, but that doesn’t mean that parents can stop worrying about their children getting lice.  With day care centers and summer camps preparing to take on a ton of children this summer, parents have to remain as vigilant about head lice prevention this summer as they are when school is in session. 

If you’ve ever dealt with head lice, then you know how expensive and time consuming it is to get rid of it.  I’ve dealt with lice before with my older daughters and I never want to do it again…I’d rather have my teeth pulled without Novocain!  Since I have dealt with lice in the past, I’m always on the lookout for products that help make lice prevention as easy as possible and that’s why I can’t wait to tell all of you about LiceGuard!

Before we get into the ins and outs of the LiceGuard line of products, I thought I’d give you all a few facts about head lice…I know, it kind of creeps me out too!

  • Head lice effects 6-12 million families every year
  • Lice aren't dangerous and they don't spread disease, but they are contagious and can be pretty annoying.
  • Their bites may cause the scalp to become itchy and inflamed, and persistent scratching can lead to skin irritation and in some cases, even infection.  
  • Infestation with head lice is most common among preschool children attending child care, elementary school children, and the household members of infested children.

Though head lice can be easily treated with shampoos and sprays, the vast majority of lice treatment products that are on the market contain toxic chemicals that most of us parents are very uneasy about using.  Most of the lice treatment products on the market contain Pyrethrum or Permethrin, the same pesticides that are found in bug spray…kind of makes you think twice (or three or four times) about using them on your children’s heads doesn’t it?  Thankfully, there are products on the market that treat and prevent lice without the toxic chemicals and one of the most popular is the Robi Comb.

LiceGuard

If you’ve heard of the Robi Comb, then chances are you know how much of a life saver it can be if you have children that are prone to lice, for those of you who don’t know what the Robi Comb is…let me be the first to tell you!
The Robi Comb detects and destroys lice on contact simply by combing it through dry hair.Robi Comb is an electronic lice comb powered by a single AA battery, while combing, the device detects lice by sound and zapps it dead with low electrical power. It's a safe alternative to toxic chemicals.
In addition to the lifesaving Robi Comb, LiceGuard also offers SAFE Lice Shampoo, and Repellent Kit, everything you need to treat lice and keep infestations at bay.  If you have kids going off to say care or summer camp soon, LiceGuard should be at the top of your list of summer camp essentials!  Products are all less than $30 and are available at Walgreens,  Rite Aid and CVS.

Disclosure:  I received the product mentioned above in order to facilitate my review…all opinions are my own!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!