It might be getting closer to Turkey day, but here at Misadventures we’ve been talking about the hottest gifts this holiday season! I have another great gift idea for those of you who have a little (or big) gamer on your list!
Lil Man loves video games; seriously I’ve never seen a four year old reduce his father to tears over a football game (true story people). While I don’t like for my son to play video games that often, my mother always told my sister and I that video games “rot your brain”—that’s probably why my children have every game console known to man (sorry mom ) , I don’t mind for him to play every once in a while. And when he’s not beating his father at football, he’s all about racing cars—that’s why I knew he would love NASCAR Unleashed!
About NASCAR Unleashed…
In NASCAR Unleashed, racers break free from the track and take over everything else (the pavement, beaches and off-road areas of some of NASCAR’s most beloved tracks! The thrill of racing in a new, yet familiar environment is what makes NASCAR Unleashed so exciting and tons of fun!
* All-Star Pack: 15 of NASCAR’s biggest and best drivers including; Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Joey Logano, and many more!
* Racetrack Déjà vu: Player race on real life NASCAR tracks with a bit of a twist. Players make their way across familiar parts of the track and burst into brand new areas that they never expected! Tracks include: Daytona International Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Martinsville Speedway Talladega Speedway.
* Bumper to Bumper: Bumping and grinding is the name of the game as players have to fight their way up to pole position. Opponents don’t make it easy though as they’ll be every bit as ruthless as you on their quest to be the best!
* Arcade Action: Racing is wild, fast and crazy as players drift around corners and hit massive jumps while trying to avoid being wrecked.
* Unlockables Unleashed: After winning events, players will be rewarded with fun and goofy upgrades that can be used to customize their cars into something unique and outrageous!
I’ve also got the inside track of some of the best tips and tricks to help get you started!
1. Randomly throughout the race a challenge car will pop up in the top right corner…Complete these challenges for more boost!
2. The more points you gain the faster you can unlock new paint schemes for your car.
3. Always stay behind a car in traffic to draft them! If you’re doing it right you’ll see wind passing around your car. You can do one of two things from here: slingshot your car around them (you’ll use the extra speed of the drat to pass them) or continue drafting. If you continue to draft, your bottom right boost meter will continue to build. Once it’s filled unleash your boost!
4. If you lose yourself in a corner, press the drift button and try to recover with finesse.
5. The pits are your friend! If you get beat-up during a race, going into the pits fixes your car and gives you a boost.
And there ya go—5 very helpful tricks for NASCAR Unleashed—nothing like a few kinda/sorta video game cheats to put a lil’ pep in your step!
If you have a video game fan on your holiday gift list then NASCAR Unleashed is definitely a great choice! You can check out NASCAR Unleashed on Amazon!
And while you’re checking out the game make sure you check out “Battle of the NASCAR® Kids” championship tournament held last weekend for charity!
NASCAR Unleashed is available November 1 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system from Nintendo and the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system at $39.99. Check out NASCAR Unleashed: Arcade on Amazon.com!