A few weekends ago we celebrated Lil Diva’s 3rd birthday party; while it is amazing to see my baby girl grow up it was definitely a bittersweet celebration! Since refreshments are a must at every party I took great care to choose snacks that both the kids and adults in attendance would enjoy—and that definitely meant some Chex Mix!
Chex Mix has been a long-time go to snack in our family; my mom makes the traditional Chex Mix for nearly every together…and if we’re really good ( a lil mommy humor) she’ll mix up a batch of Muddy Buddy mix! When I decided to include Chex Mix in the festivities I wanted to do something a little outside the box and thanks to MyBlogSpark and Chex that was a breeze!
I recently had the opportunity to host a Chex Party Mix Change party, thanks to MyBlogSpark and Chex and I thought what better time to have some people over and share a little Chex Mix than Lil Diva’s birthday party—it was perfect timing for sure!
Since I’d never tried my hand at making Chex Mix before, yes, I’m the type of mom who buys the already made mix at the store, I was a little worried about how hard it would be and how good they would taste, but it turns out that I was worried for no reason at all because it was so simple! I chose four different Chex Mixes to make for our party; Traditional Chex Party Mix, Muddy Buddy Mix, Chili Garlic Chex Mix, and Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch in honor of fall. Since I had never made any type of Chex Mix before I didn’t know how easy, or how difficult it would be, so I made sure to allow myself plenty of time before the party to whip up a few test batches—turns out I didn’t need them because they all came out perfect on the first try…seriously you cannot mess this up! Most of the people at the party had tried the Chex Traditional Party Mix and the Muddy Buddy mix, but no one had tried Chili Garlic and Pumpkin Pie Crunch varieties before and I loved being the first to introduce them! I expected everyone to like all of the different varieties of Chex Mix, but I never expected everyone to love them and everyone wanted the recipes and commented that they were definitely serving Chex Mix at their next together…score!
Our Chex Party Mix-Change party was a big success, everyone loved all of the different Chex Mix varieties and couldn’t wait to try them out themselves at home! I even found out that I could make Chex Mix at home that tasted just as good as the stuff you buy at the store—it was a definite win-win situation! Want to throw your own Chex Party Mix-Change party? Check out all of the great recipes, tips, and ideas below!
Highlighting the flavors of pumpkin pie, cinnamon, brown sugar and caramel, your guests are sure to “fall” in love with these seasonal favorites that can be made in the microwave in 15 minutes or less. These five Chex Party Mix recipes are sure to get your guests excited for fall and the upcoming holiday season-
- Original Chex Party Mix – A tried and true classic of many holiday gatherings.
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast – Is there really a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? Yes, when Chex cereal is added!
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch – Mix things up and try this mouthwatering alternative to the beloved holiday pie.
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix – A combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix.
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles – Melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes.
Need some inspiration? Check out these awesome ideas for packaging your Chex Mix goodies for your guests!
- Cello Gorgeous! – Packaging your favorite Chex Party Mix recipes in cellophane bags is simple and cute. And, they’re endlessly customizable to add personal touches.
- It’s My Party – Flip a party hat upside down, line it with cellophane and it instantly becomes a festive cone-shaped container.
- Chex Cupcakes – Arrange cupcake liners filled with Chex Party Mixes neatly in a box.
- Chex-To-Go – Packaging Chex Party Mix recipes in a takeout container is quick and easy to “carry out.” We’re including 10 of these in your prize pack to help you get started!
- Tin Tower – Tin is “in” when it comes to creating a hip holiday container for Chex Party Mix-Change guests. Discover oodles of holiday tins at craft or dollar stores.
I’m always looking for creative new ways to bring my friends and family together and any excuse to host a holiday party is a good excuse to me, so why not host a Chex Party-Mix Change this year instead of your annual cookie exchange—your guests will be thanking you all year!
So, how would you like to host your own Chex Party Mix-Change party? Well, one very lucky MIBR reader is going to win a Chex Party Mix-Change prize pack…details on how to enter below!
One MIBR reader is going to win a Chex Party Mix-Change Prize Pack including:
HOW TO ENTER!
To enter this giveaway please visit the Chex website and have a look at all of the delicious Chex Party Mix recipes, come back and leave a comment on this post telling me which recipe you’d most like to try!
Please leave separate comments for each extra entry!
Stumble this post: http://tinyurl.com/3djmnkb (2 extra entries)
Comment on any non-giveaway post (2 extra entries for each comment)
Follow MIBR via GFC (2 extra entries)
Follow MIBR via Email (2 extra entries)
Follow MIBR via RSS Feed (3 extra entries)
Like” Misadventures in Baby Raising on Facebook (3 extra entries)
Follow MIBR on Twitter (3 extra entries)
Follow MIBR on Networked Blogs (3 extra entries)
Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter…Make sure you leave the URL to your Tweet in your comments! (2 tweets per day = 2 extra entries per day)
#WIN a #ChexPartyMixChange prize pack at MIBR | @Allie_23| Enter Now: http://tinyurl.com/3jjlcmf #MyBlogSpark
Share this giveaway with your Friends and/or Fans on Facebook by linking to this post on your wall. (You can share 2 times per day with your friends/fans on Facebook)
Submit this giveaway to a giveaway site or linky…please leave a link to the giveaway posting in your comment. (5 extra entries per giveaway site or linky)
Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. (5 extra entries)
This giveaway ends on November 7, 2011 at 1:59 PM EST. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced in a separate winner’s post shortly after the giveaway has ended. Winner will have 48 hours to claim his/her prize, failure to respond to winner’s email in a timely manner will result in winner forfeiting his/her prize and me choosing a new winner. Giveaway open to US residents only please!
“Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark.”