Since we’re still talking all about Back-to-School I wanted to share something with all of you! It’s a chance to nominate your child’s school and possibly help them win a $65,000 Green Makeover! You can check out all of the details below!
Every child deserves a learning environment that’s safe, healthy, free of harmful toxins and optimal for learning. Unfortunately, many schools across the country are subjecting children to unhealthy classrooms with poor lighting and inefficient energy usage, which costs most schools more money than they spend on books and computers. Global Green USA is working to change this by helping to ensure that every child has the opportunity to learn in a healthier, greener school. Pureology is pleased to present Global Green USA’s Green School Makeover Competition. You can help a school in your area by nominating it for a Green School Makeover – read on to learn more, and find out how.
- From March 1 – September 30, 2011, enter your school for a chance to win a "green school" makeover.
- There will be one grand prize winner and four schools will each receive $2,500 towards their green school renovations.
Find out how to nominate a school at Pureology: http://pureology.com/greenschools/entermyschool
One grand prize winner will get $65,000 to renovate their school – plus an additional $65,000 worth of technical assistance. Four runner-up schools will get $2,500 to use towards green school renovations.
This is a great opportunity for schools struggling with budget shortfalls—it can help them build a healthier learning environment for their students while also saving money on energy use for years to come—and I bet some of your readers would want to nominate their kids’ school (DEADLINE Sept 30, 2011).
The makeover can help:
- Provide More Money for Student Resources
· operating costs for energy and water can be reduced by as much as 40% - money can be reinvested in text books or computers
- Improve Student Performance
· Studies show test scores can improve as much as 25% when kids are in a healthy learning environment
- Protect Kids’ Health
· Good ventilation and the use of green building materials improves student and teacher health – this means fewer sick days and better attendance
So what are you waiting for? Head over to Pureology and nominate a school today!