Image Map

ShareThis

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It’s very important for me to preserve special moments in my children’s lives; I know that most  parents tend to feel the same way, but something about being a blogger seems to make that urge even stronger.  I used to just take photos of the family, upload them to Facebook and be done with it, but then I discovered Photoshop and my life has never been the same.

 

I remember the first time I ever heard about Photoshop, there was this blog that I used to frequent and the blogger took the most amazing photos ever, I wanted to know how she did it so one day I asked her and that’s when she told me about Photoshop.  To say that I had an epiphany would kinda/sorta be an understatement, it completely changed my life.  Alright maybe that’s overdoing it, I do tend to get carried away with words sometimes, but it did forever change the way I looked at photography.  I used to worry about getting the perfect shot, having everyone look flawless (which is a complete waste of time when it comes to children because they just don’t care most of the time) and chasing after perfect lighting, but thanks to Photoshop all of those things can easily be fixed and my average looking photos can look amazing!

 

Now I wasn’t completely ignorant to using a photo editor to edit my photographs before I learned about Photoshop, I had used other software in the past, but nothing, and I do mean nothing, compares to Photoshop.  I’m not going to lie, learning to use Photoshop was a definite challenge for me, as I mentioned before I had used other image editing software in the past, but this one took some getting used to.  Once I got the hang of using Photoshop it was full steam ahead, and I haven’t looked back since!

kids 4

 

Nearly three years after discovering Photoshop I’m still addicted to sharing my life through pictures on Misadventures, the difference is that now I have a few tricks up my sleeve for making them look amazing! 

1 comment :

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!