Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last night I did what I have been dreading for weeks now…I scheduled my fall 2011 classes at NKU.  I assume that you probably want to know why I put off scheduling for so long, well, it’s stressful!  Now that I’m getting down to the nitty gritty there are only a handful of classes that I need to graduate and finding them in an online format is not easy peasy hence my procrastination.  There is of course another reason that I put it off for so long, this fall I will be one of three members of my household enrolled in college, and to be honest I wasn’t positive until tonight that I could pick up my husbands slack (you guess it, he’s going back to school too and still working full-time) and still maintain my grades.  Finally I decided that the best thing to do was just move forward, full steam ahead and hope and pray that I finish soon!

Of course, with three people enrolled in college (my brother-in-law is enrolled in another college at the moment as well) one computer (my laptop) is not cutting it,but  I agreed to share my computer for the time being (something that I hope doesn’t last long…I don’t like sharing).  With everyone needing to use the computer on a regular basis my small desk is just  not working so I decided to shop around for a new laptop stand or desk that will accommodate all of us…hey if I can’t get a new laptop I’m getting something new out of this, it’s only fair! 

The first thing I looked at were laptop stands, they are perfect for me as they’re convenient and portable, but I quickly realized that they may not be the best option for my husband and brother-in-law.  Next I looked at a beautiful double pedestal roll top desk that I instantly fell in love with, of course, my husband pointed out almost immediately that it did not match the “our style”, that’s funny I didn’t even know we had a style.  I took my husbands comment to mean that he didn’t love the desk as much as I did so I was on the lookout for something that I loved, but that matched the “style” that I didn’t know we had.  And then I found it, the desk of my dreams, the desk that matched our style to perfection, a secretary desk that is beautiful, classic, and perfect! 

image

I may be sharing my laptop this fall, hopefully not for long, but at least I can do it sitting at an amazing desk…it’s all about give and take! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!