Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My husband can be very indecisive!  I’ve actually sat and watched my husband look over a restaurant menu for so long that the waitress just walked away…and didn’t come back.  Yes, it is that bad.  So imagine my horror when said husband informed me last week that he would be redoing our kitchen this fall…this can only turn out all bad!

Now I’m not saying that my husband doesn’t do a good job of choosing items for our home, as a matter of fact, he’s actually very good at doing that, it’s that it takes him forever to choose…everything!  I knew as soon as my husband decided to redo our kitchen that I had to think fast and choose everything before he even had the chance to think about doing it, because otherwise the project would drag on into next fall…turns out that wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. 

image

I did my homework before presenting my choices to my husband; I poured over design books, looked at every single kitchen island table (to replace the one we currently have) known to man, chose the cutest tiles for the floor and backsplash and had it all neatly displayed in a folder.  I should have known that it couldn’t possibly be that easy.  The first problem that my husband had with my design plan was that he wanted to completely do away with the island that currently sits in the middle of our kitchen and replace it with a butcher block kitchen cart, reasonable enough, but when I asked him which type he liked he chose about twenty and said we’ll decide later…I told you this was going to be lots of fun!  It all went downhill from there, next Jamie tore apart my tile choices calling them, and I quote, “ugly and not something he wanted in his kitchen”.  I would be a liar if I told you that I didn’t laugh a lil when he called it his kitchen, seriously the man needed help making grilled cheese not too long ago. 

Though we made very little progress on the actual design of the kitchen during our conversation I did manage to get my husband to admit that a John Boos cutting board was a much better idea than a butcher block cart that would annoy the heck out of me.  Perhaps the most important lesson that I learned during our little talk was not that my husband is indecisive (and that he has awful taste) but that you have to learn to pick your battles, even if it means letting my husband think I agree with him and then quietly going behind his back and buying the things that I want.  Hey, it’s called compromise for a reason…I’ll buy it and then I’ll let him decide where to put it! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!