Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

There are a few things in life that make me extremely happy; my kiddos, an ice cold margarita after a long day, and Burt’s Bees are just a few of the things that I love most!  I am currently addicted to Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm (the best stuff ever)!  I know that I’m not the only Burt’s Bees fan out there…right?  Well, did you know that Burt’s Bees is helping schools across the nation get a close up look at how important bees are to the foods that we eat every day?  Check this out…it’s a very cool idea that Burt’s Bees is helping make a reality!! 

 

Our children will inherit the Earth. What’s more important than showing them how it works? Although it’s not widely known, bees pollinate every third bite of the most delicious and nutritious whole foods we eat. This fall, students across the nation will get a chance to see this first hand in a living classroom.  image

 

This June, in honor of National Pollinator Week, Burt’s Bees is partnering with sought-after jewelry designer, Helen Ficalora and the Pollinator Partnership to ensure schools receive BEE SMART SCHOOL GARDEN KITS, which will help schools create bee-friendly gardens or make existing gardens inviting to bees, providing a living demonstration of how vital bees and other pollinators are to our ecosystems. 

 

Helping raise awareness of the world’s declining bee population, Ficalora created a bespoke sterling silver bee charm to serve as a reminder of the pollinator’s important role in our ecosystem. When the public donates at least $150 (through 9/30/2011) dedicated to the Pollinator Partnership’s BEE SMART SCHOOL GARDEN program, they will receive the charm and a Burt’s Bees® Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom.

Very cool…no?  That’s exactly why I love Burt’s Bees as much as I do.  Oh, and in case you’re wondering I currently have the Burt’s Bees Pink Blossom tinted lip balm in my purse…it’s my fav!

Categories:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!