Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, May 13, 2011

As most of you know we moved into a new house at the beginning of the year and while it is so much bigger than our former house we still have to get creative when it comes to making everyone fit comfortably into it.

With four kids here all of the time and six every other weekend and in the summer we are always pressed for space and when we moved into our new house the extra bedroom was nice, but still not enough to allow all of the kids to have their own rooms.  When we started looking at our options for bedroom furniture we knew almost immediately that  bunk beds were our only option.  When I started looking for bunk beds I originally wanted futon bunks since they are a little more roomy, but when we took the measurements in the girls room it just wouldn’t work.  My next option was single beds for all of the girls, but that left even less room so it was back to the drawing board.  I finally settled on twin over twin bunk beds for two of the girls and a futon for my oldest daughter, as she seemed to think a futon was the coolest thing ever.  I really love that bunk beds don’t require box springs as the bunkie boards for bunk beds are much more affordable and easier to maneuver. 

image

In the boys room I decided to get rid of my son’s toddler bed and opt for either bunk beds or twin beds for the two boys.  Originally I wanted to keep the toddler bed and purchase a full sized bed for my step son, but again space was an issue so we were once again looking for bunk beds.  I knew that my step son would need a little more space than the girls would need in their bunk bed so for the boys we decided to go with the twin over full bunk bed and the space problem was solved. 

Though we solved the space problem in the bedrooms there is still so much to be done in order to make the most of the space that we have.  We have a full basement that my husband plans on finishing next year that we hope will become another bedroom and bathroom (fingers crossed on this one because 5 girls and 1 bathroom is NOT a pretty site).  I’ll keep y’all posted on the progress as it comes along!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!