Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, March 31, 2011

goalforit.com logoWith four children running around  making messes everyday it doesn’t take long for my house to look similar to the aftermath of a F5 tornado.  I find it very interesting that all of the kids seem to be in cahoots while the mess making is going on, but as soon as it comes time to take responsibility for said mess and clean it up they start throwing each other under the bus left and right.  With all of the bickering over who made what mess and who’s going to clean up what I learned early on (I’m talking when my oldest was about 2 or 3) that the only way to get my children to clean up after themselves was bribery.  Now I know what you’re thinking, and I know that there are those parents who will be all, “that doesn’t teach them anything.” and I get that, but I don’t mean bribe them as in…”you clean your room I’ll buy you a car”, no, the way I do it is simple…as my children get older they want things, money, clothes, magazines, minutes for their cell phones, etc.. and what better way to help them get those things than by having them help you out around the house, it’s a total win-win! 

 

Several years ago I began making chore charts for my oldest daughters as a way for them to become more responsible and earn money, sadly I’ve let the chore chart has become less and less a priority which has led to me angrily yelling for the kids to clean up their messes nearly every day.  When we moved into our new house at the end of February I vowed to get a handle on the chores around the house and bring back the chore charts in a bog way and that’s when I found out about GoalForIt.com!

 

For those of you who don’t know what GoalForIt.com is let me give you the lowdown…

 

What is GoalForIt.com?

“Goalforit is an online community of people committed to achieving success. We offer a variety of free tools to help people master the art of getting the right things done and bring more focus & personal success into everyday life.”

 

Who can use GoalForIt?

“You must be 13 years of age or older to use Goalforit.com In addition, please note that profiles for people under the age of 18 are not displayed in the Browse section of the site out of regard for their privacy.”

 

Basically GoalForIt is a website that allows you to create and manage your goals, whether they be getting the kids to help out around the house (their chore charts are customizable and so cute), behavior charts, or just solutions for helping you achieve your goals whatever they may be.  Setting up an account on GoalForIt is simple (it literally took 30 seconds) and it’s FREE!  You can choose from a variety of different templates ( I chose the Chore Chart template) and then choose age appropriate themes and “chores” or responsibilities.  Once your chart is completed you have the option of sending yourself email reminders (daily, weekly, monthly, or not at all), you also have the option of sharing your charts with other GoalForIt members.  I really like that you can track your child’s progress, add reward stickers, and let the child know how well they are doing!  I have to admit I am usually scatterbrained when it comes to remembering to check the chore charts, but with a daily or weekly email reminder it’s fast and easy!  I love how cute and creative the chore charts are (they even utilize images to help make chores easy enough for your littlest kiddos to understand) and I love that you have the option of using the charts online or printing them out!  Below is a sample chore chart that I made a few weeks ago for one of my girls to give you an idea of what they look like and how they work.

 

Goalforit

 

I know the screen shot is kind of difficult to see, but you can kinda see how they are set up and how they are used.  I also really love that your kids can earn “moolah” for doing their chores (you assign a moolah value to each chore if you choose to).  You can then assign rewards to your kids moolah bank (rewards can be anything from 1 ice cream after dinner, to extra TV time, more bike riding time, getting to stay up later than usual) I also love the idea of my kids earning moolah and not getting it right away and using it…so in a sense GoalFotIt also teaches them about financial responsibility as well.  I think that the moolah bank is an excellent incentive to get kids to do what their told and come on what child wouldn’t make his or her bed if they knew ice cream was involved. 

 

I don’t know about you, but if GoalForIt can help motivate my kiddos to pick up their backpacks and coats off of my entryway when they come home from school I am ALL for it!  Seriously though, GoalForIt is definitely worth checking out and the fact that it’s FREE makes it even better…so go check it out and get started today!

 

*I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign…all opinions expressed are my own and were not influenced by monetary gain*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!