Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Being a mom is hard work and after a long day of calming meltdowns, scraping lunch off the ceiling, and figuring out how to get melted crayons out of the dryer we deserve a medal.  Sadly Super Mom falls way at the bottom of the superhero list (it’s definitely a conspiracy) so medals for Bravery in Combat are hard to come by around here so most of us settle for a little quiet time as our payoff for all of our hard work.  Now I don’t know about you, but when I can manage to sneak in a little quiet time nothing is more relaxing than a nice glass of wine and maybe a foot rub from the hubby…alright maybe a foot rub is pushing it.flipflop wines

I have to be honest and tell you that I am a total novice when it comes to wine as I only recently began to sample and enjoy different wines.  That’s why I was very excited when I received a shipment of wine from flipflop wines!  Not familiar with flipflop wines?  Well, let me be the first to introduce you…

“flipflop wines: to each, their own

Instantly likable and easy going, flipflop wines are always delicious, never pretentious. Our winemakers craft each one to reflect the best of that varietal’s nature, creating expressive wines enjoyable anytime.

With flipflop wines, we have embraced the movement toward individualistic expression, instead of manufacturing wines into some cookie-cutter style that’s all the rage.  Our goal is to craft expressive, well-balanced wines that evoke just what the grapes inside intended, without being over-wrought or over-explained, and that can be enjoyed at any occasion.”
image
flipflop offers a variety of wines for every taste and every style, each wine has “an expression of individuality, a sense of comfort and pair extremely well with foods that make people feel at home.”  Perhaps as amazing as their wine is their commitment to Soles4Soles, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing children across the world with shoes.  flipflop is committed to helping in a big way, for every bottle of flipflop wine purchased flipflop wines will donate one pair of flipflop sandals to Soles4Souls…now that is awesome or what?

I was sent 3 wines from flipflop to review; Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Pinot Grigio.  Being a wine novice I opted to try the Riesling first since it is a medium body, slightly sweet with a smooth finish, I was not at all disappointed with the Riesling and it has since become my wine of choice, next to Moscato of course which I love and fyi flipflop also offers Moscato too!  The Pinot Noir was probably my least favorite of the three that I tried, but only because it is a pretty dry wine and was not for me.  I did enjoy the Pinot Grigio, it paired beautifully with spaghetti and was a welcome change from my usual water with dinner.    I also love that flipflop wines give you ideas for finding the perfect pairing of food and wine, this helped me out tremendously since I don’t regularly drink wine.  I also have to mention how affordable flipflop wines are; from $7 for a bottle it’s yummy and affordable!  And the fact that flipflop wines are committed to the Soles4Souls charity just makes them an all-around awesome company in my opinion. 

If you’d like to check out flipflop wines you can visit their website and see all of the wines they have to offer, purchase a couple of bottles (and help a good cause while you’re at it), and find out more about Soles4Souls!

*I received the above mentioned products to facilitate my review, no monetary compensation was given for this post.  All opinions expressed are my own and were not influenced by monetary gain.*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!