Image Map

ShareThis

Saturday, January 15, 2011

  I’ll be the first to admit that I went off a little about polygamy with the TLC series Sister Wives, but I find myself unable to miss a second of Big Love!  For those of you who have been living under a rock (and y’all already know I love you…rock or no rock) and don’t know all about Big Love is all about I’ll give you the lowdown…

 

Big Love Season 5 poster

 

 

Big Love is the HBO series about a fundamentalist Mormon family from Utah who practice polygamy.  The show centers around Bill Hendrickson  (played by Bill Paxton) and his 3 wives, Barbara (Jeanne Tripplehorn), Nicki Grant (Chloë Sevigny), and Margene Heffman (Ginnifer Goodwin).  Big Love definitely gives you a glimpse into polygamy, but not in the way you might expect, while you do witness of all of the drama that you would expect to find on HBO you also see the intricacies and love within the Hendrickson family, a love that through thick and thin is strong and constant…hey polygamist or not that’s refreshing! 

 

I must admit that I started watching the show because I love Ginnifer Goodwin, she has been one of my absolute favorite actresses since Mona Lisa Smile, but I kept watching because it is just an amazing show that leaves you rooting for the Hendrickson family to do well despite their polygamist lifestyle.  I’m telling you, if you haven’t seen the first 4 seasons you must!  I SO have to buy Big Love: The Complete Seasons 1-3 and of course Big Love: The Complete Fourth Season !

 

So why am I writing this you wonder?  Well, Big Love’s 5th and final season starts Sunday (yes, this Sunday January 16th on HBO at 9 pm) and I cannot wait!  While I am a little sad that I will have to find a new must-see show when this season of Big Love ends I am excited to see what season 5 has in store for Big Love!  You can check out a preview of the season 5 premiere below!

 

 

You can get caught up on Big Love over at HBO.com!

 

So, I can’t be the only Big Love fan around the blogosphere…are y’all as excited as I am for Sunday night?Big Love cast in bed

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!