Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, November 5, 2010

image

When I was growing up we had several traditions for the holidays; we always had a big Thanksgiving dinner with all of my aunts and uncles (my grandmother had 7 kids), a HUGE Christmas party the weekend before Christmas, and my personal favorite my mom reading The Night Before Christmas to my sister and I on Christmas Eve.  Though all of those traditions are ones that I look back on fondly it is the tradition of reading The Night Before Christmas that I now do with my own children on Christmas Eve and thanks to Hallmark I can read that story to them every night no matter where I am.

Hallmark may be best known for their cards and ornaments (which I also love), but their line of recordable storybooks is sure to be an instant classic and holiday must-have for parents and grandparents.  Hallmark’s  line of recordable storybooks are something that I only recently became familiar with, but already I adore them!  I love that I can record an entire story for my babies and that they can have me there with them reading that story every night no matter where in the world I am!  Hallmark’s Recordable Storybooks currently offer 15 titles ranging from beloved stories like Guess How Much I Love You?  and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to holiday classics like Frosty the Snowman and The Night Before Christmas. The recordable storybooks offer beautifully illustrated pages complete with the full story so that your child can read along with you as they get older. Recording your story is as easy as pressing a button and reading the story, but don’t worry about getting it perfect the first time as you can re-record as many times as necessary to ensure perfect delivery.  Once your satisfied with your telling of the story you simply flip the lock switch and your story is saved (even if you change the batteries). 

image

We received The Night Before Christmas to review, it seemed fitting as this is a story I enjoy reading to my children every Christmas Eve.  When I was ready to record  it really was as simple as pressing record, reading, and pressing stop.  I finished recording the story relatively quickly, but spent forever trying to figure out what I had done wrong recording as the story wouldn’t play back once I had finished, I finally re-recorded the story and everything worked fine.  My recordable storybook seems to be a little finicky as it doesn’t always want to work when I want it too, but when it does (and it does always eventually stop throwing a tantrum and work beautifully) it’s pure magic…don’t believe me?  Check out the video of Lil Man and Lil Diva enjoying the story!

Hallmark Recordable Storybooks!

How completely cool is that?  These recordable storybooks make great gifts for the holidays and because saving money is always a good thing this weekend only Saturday November 6th and Sunday November 7th you can save $10 OFF on Hallmark Recordable Storybooks with any purchase (at Hallmark Gold Crown Stores nationwide).  To find out more about the Holiday Open House Weekend and to get your $10 OFF coupon you can visit Hallmark.com or you can get your coupon here!  

image 

You can find Hallmark Recordable Storybooks and so many other great gift ideas in Misadventures in Baby Raising’s 2010 Holiday Gift Guide!

disclosure button

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!