Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yes, I’m still doing the 30 Days of Truth…I’ve just been crazy busy and I can’t seem to find time to sit down and write a meaningful post…so I waited to do 2 together again!  We’re on Days 12 and 13. 
Question for Day 12 is:  Something you never get compliments on.
My answer to this question may not surprise some of you, especially  those who know me IRL.  Something I never get compliments on is my patience.  I am probably the most impatient person I know.  I can’t stand to wait in line at the grocery store, I hate getting stuck in traffic (and being stuck behind a tractor is the worst—yes I live in BFE tractors are an every day occurrence), and I detest being put on hold on the phone.  Learning to be more patient is something that I definitely need to work on.
And if we are talking about the other kind of compliments I have an answer to that too, my fingernails.  I bite my nails (and have for years) and the always look horrible.  I do occasionally grow them out and they are beautiful when I do, but most of the time they are just nasty looking.
Question for Day 13 is: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Now I know that I am supposed to write a letter for this one, but dinner is on the stove, 2 of the kids are arguing about something or other, and 2 kids are destroying my kitchen…so a letter is not going to happen right now.
So the band or artist who has gotten me through some hard ass times is Tupac.  Yes, I know some of you may be like wtf, but just hear me out.  Tupac was the biggest rapper out there when I was in my teens—I had just gotten his album All Eyez on Me (yes, I lied my ass off for that CD…my mom would have killed me if she had listened to some of those songs) and listened to it all the time.  I got it around the time my grandmother was really starting to go down hill, after she died I would sit in my room and listen to “Life Goes On” in my head phones over and over.  While the content of the song had nothing to do with my situation, it was sort of like an anthem for anyone who had lost someone they loved dearly.  Looking back I realize that song really helped me to let out my anger, sadness, and frustration at the situation.  To this day I get teary listening to the song!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!