Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, January 11, 2010

I have a lot of exciting changes in store for Misadventures in Baby Raising this year (including a redesign coming very soon) and I hope that all of my amazing readers will stick around and see what they are. The first thing I decided to add to MIBR is a monthly feature showcasing other bloggers appropriately titled: Blogger of the Month!

Since this is a new year I decided to start my Blogger of the Month feature out with a brand new blogger…my sister Brianna. Brianna is an amazing writer who is working on her latest novel, I’m sure all of you who love reading, writing, and learning will love her blog and I hope that you will all check it out. She’s new to blogging and would love some comments and followers. Below is my “interview” with Brianna of Poetic Serendipity.

1. Tell me a little bit about you: I'm 27, wife, part-time college English instructor, part time museum Program Coordinator, part time SAHM to 20 month old Bella. Working on my dream of being a published author.

2. Blog Name, Blog URL, and Facebook Link: Poetic Serendipity, http://poeticserendipity.blogspot.com, Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1494833529

3. Why did you start blogging?

My blog is a way for me to stay on track and motivated to finish my novel so that I can work on getting it published. I also am using it to discuss literature, writing, art, and anything else that interests me and to keep myself motivated to finish my book and to work on getting it published. I figure putting it out there holds me accountable to myself to really do this. It's a lot of work, so the blog helps keep me on track.

4. If you could interview one person (alive or dead) and post the interview on your blog who would it be and why?

That's hard! On one hand, It would be fascinating to talk to a famous writer like Jane Austen or Shakespeare, but it would also be fascinating to talk to someone holy, like the Dalai Lama or the Pope. Then it would also be awesome to talk to the President or First Lady.

5. What do you hope to accomplish this year with your blog?

I hope to be able to write a post one day this year saying that I have a literary agent who is going to get my book published!!!

6. What blogger(s) do you look up to (if any) and why?

Any blogger that writes from their heart and doesn't compromise their beliefs because of what others think. Someone who is savvy business-wise and has really built up their blog well. (like MIBR!)

7. If you won the lottery tomorrow what would you change about your life? What would you keep the same?

I would be a philanthropist, travel the world, help out my family. I would still write, stay married to my husband!

8. What is your favorite book? Movie?

Fave book - Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, movie is prob Gone With the Wind.

9. Who is your celebrity crush?

Celeb crush - there are lots of celebs I think are really cute but my faves rotate a lot.

10. If you had one day to live what would you do? Where would you go?

If it was for sure I would hop on a plane with my husband and daughter and go to Europe and eat the best meal of my life and walk the streets with them and watch the sun set in the countryside.

And that was Brianna at Poetic Serendipity…I hope you will all go over and visit her blog! Make sure you check back next month to see who the Featured Blogger for February is!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for such a great post about my humble little blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!