Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, December 17, 2009

02_logo

Normally I deal very well with stress, I mean you can’t really be the mother of four and not deal well, but lately everything has been getting to me. Stress over the holidays, kids being sick every time I turn around, school and blog responsibilities to boot, and the strain all of it is putting on my relationship with my fiancé has left me feeling majorly burnt out and in desperate need of some R&R.

Thanks to Country Inns & Suites by Carlson, I will be getting exactly what I so desperately need…a break. A night away from all of the madness at home where I can unwind and not hear “MOM” three hundred million times! Since I haven’t had an actual honest-to-goodness break from home since before my daughter (who is now 14 months old) was born and it is so hard for me to justify being away from my kids for even a day, I decided that I should make a resolution, a contract with myself that I have no intention of breaking.

  • I plan to RELAX while I am chilling at Country Inns & Suites. This may sound pretty simple but relaxation is not a word I ever use when describing my intentions for myself!
  • I promise NOT to call my kids every hour on the hour to make sure they are alright. Thanks to my future SIL (who is so very sweet to take on the task of caring for my two youngest kiddos) they will be in safe hands and I know that. So while I do plan on taking my phone (calm down it’s only to call and tell them Goodnight and Good morning) I will not call them unnecessarily!
  • Even though I will be taking my laptop I promise myself I will do absolutely NO work while I am gone…NONE!
  • And probably the most important thing…I will not feel guilty for needing a night away from my kids! This is hard for me and I struggle with it constantly, but at the end of the day I know I will come back more relaxed and that’s not only good for me but for them as well!

It’s all set this Saturday night I will be relaxing maybe working out in the fitness area (alright that’s highly unlikely), but I definitely plan on taking a dip in the pool and soaking in the hot tub! If you’re in need of some R&R then make sure you check out Country Inns & Suites current promotion…Stay 2 Weeknights and Save 20%…can’t beat a deal like that!

I will be back on Monday to give you all the details of my awesomely relaxing trip!

FTC Compliant Disclosure: Country Inns & Suites By Carlson is providing me with this free night in exchange for my review!

3 comments :

  1. That does sound relaxing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
    Jingle All The Way,
    I just came sleighing by to say
    Relax on Saturday,
    Hey,
    Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
    Jingle All The Way..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!