**Updated at bottom with winners**
Thanks to all who entered!
As you’ve seen in episodes of Cooking With My Misadventurous Kids I love cooking quick, easy, affordable meals. With four children I have very little time to cook elaborate meals. Anything that can be done quickly and with not much effort while still being tasty and affordable is right at the top of my Go-To list!
I recently had the chance to try out some of the new Tyson Heat ‘N Eat entrees. I’ve tried other brands of heat and serve meals before trying the Tyson brand and while they were similar I think the Tyson brand of Heat ‘N Eat entrees offer more variety and more specialized flavors. Here’s more about Tyson’s Heat ‘N Eat entrees from the website:
Tyson is dedicated to creating products that fit your needs and your lifestyle. So Tyson introduces Refrigerated Heat ‘N Eat Entrées. It is a line of fully-cooked delicious entrée meats. Now your family can enjoy a wholesome meal that tastes like it took all day to prepare. There are no preservatives and are completely vacuum sealed for freshness. It will go from the refrigerator to your dinner table in just minutes.
Tyson refrigerated dinner meats are made with high quality Tyson chicken, beef, and pork that is perfectly seasoned and slow cooked, ready to heat in the microwave or oven.
I tried a couple varieties of the Tyson Heat ‘N Eat meals and while they were all good I have to admit I had a definite favorite; Beef Brisket with Fire Roasted Onion Sauce (yummo). One thing I do have to mention is that my store (Super WalMart) only had six of the 12 varieties available, so my selection was limited. I loved how super convenient these entrees were, within minutes the entrees were piping hot and ready to serve which is a BIG plus for busy moms. I made the Beef Brisket and paired it with mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls and it was all done and on the table in less than 20 minutes! One thing I do have to mention about the meals is that the serving sizes are very small, one of the Beef Brisket entrees was not enough for our family of 5 (the baby hasn’t mastered brisket yet..lol) we had to make two in order for everyone to have seconds! Aside from the serving sizes I LOVE the Tyson Heat ‘N Eat entrees…super convenient, reasonably prices, and very yummy!
And now Foodnetwork’s Robin Miller has teamed up with Tyson to bring you quick, easy, delicious recipes using the Tyson Heat ‘N Eat entrees!
Brisket Quesadillas with Creamy Salsa Dip
Recipe Courtesy of Robin Miller and Tyson Foods
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1 package (17.6 ounces) Tyson® Braised Beef Brisket with Mild Chili Sauce, thawed
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
4 ounce can diced green chilies
8 (taco-size or 8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup prepared salsa
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Coat a large skillet, griddle or strove-top grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Empty contents of brisket into a large bowl, and using two forks, pull the beef apart into shreds. Add cheese and green chilies and mix well.
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface and spoon the brisket mixture onto one side of each tortilla. Fold over the un-topped side, covering the filling. Place the quesadillas on a hot pan and cook three minutes per side until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, salsa and cilantro (if using). Cut each quesadilla in half crosswise and serve with sour cream dip on the side.
Great news…two of my amazing readers is going to get to try the Tyson Heat ‘N Eat entrees for themselves!
Buy it! Tyson Heat ‘N Eat entrees are available at grocery stores nationwide!
Win it! To be entered into this giveaway please visit Tyson.com and look at all of the Heat ‘N Eat entrees available, come back here and leave me a comment telling me which flavor(s)you would love to try! This is mandatory and must be completed before any extra entries are counted!
Extra Entries! Please leave separate comments for each extra entry!
- Follow Misadventures in Baby Raising via my RSS Feed, through Email, or on Blogger…2 extra entries each!
- Grab one (are all) of my buttons (please note that my MIBR button has changed, please grab the new code and change it on your blog)…2 extra entries each!
- Blastoff with me, join the Blastoff network (save money, make money) by clicking the following link: http://ppl.blastoffnetwork.com/allisonproffitt…5 extra entries!
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway…1 Tweet Per Day=1 extra entry per day!
- Become a Fan of Misadventures in Baby Raising on Facebook…3 extra entries!
- Blog about this giveaway with links to this post and Tyson…5 extra entries!
This giveaway ends on Tuesday November 17, 2009 at 11:59 PM EDT. Two winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced on this post! Winners will have 48 hours to contact me and claim their prize, failure to do so will result in the winner(s) forfeiting their prize(s).
US Entries only please!
Winning numbers are:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-11-19 06:44:18 UTC
And the winning comments are: