Image Map

ShareThis

Thursday, October 29, 2009

image

With Halloween only a few days away I thought I would take the time to share with you some of my favorite tips for making Trick-Or-Treat fun, safe, and stress-free!

  • When Trick-or-Treating make sure that your child's costume is easily seen in the dark.  If the costume is dark a wonderful way to make sure they are seen by others is to use reflective stickers, flashing Halloween buttons, or my personal favorite glow necklaces and bracelets. 
  • I always insist on checking my children’s candy before they eat any, this usually causes meltdowns and temper tantrums as they want to gorge on chocolate as they are Trick-or-Treating.  I found that the best way to deter them from eating the candy and keeping them from throwing a fit is to take along some snacks with me for them to much on as they gather their loot!  Works every time! 
  • Taking 6 kids Trick-or-Treating is not always an easy thing to do!  Since the four oldest children like to move at their own speed this sometimes causes a problem with them becoming upset about having to wait for the babies.  The best way I’ve found to make them happy (and keep them safe) is to let them go two houses ahead of me with their buddy.  In the subdivision that we go Trick-or-Treating in this means they are never out of my sight!  They have to stay with their buddy and they can go no more than 2 houses ahead…this gives them the freedom they want and me the piece of mind I need!
  • Know in advance where you are going and make sure that your children understand the planned route.
  • Make sure your children wear comfortable shoes.  Resist the temptation to let them wear uncomfortable shoes just because they match the costume.  My children always try (and fail) to wear heels, boots, etc but I always insist that they were tennis shoes.
  • HAVE FUN!  and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  
witch03

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!