Image Map

ShareThis

Sunday, September 27, 2009

ddlogo

I will be the first to admit that I am not all that adventurous when it comes to cooking and eating. I pretty much cook the same classic American meals that I grew up eating. Every now and then I’ll get adventurous and try something new but that is a rare occasion.

Recently I was introduced to Destination Dinners when I was approached to do a review for them. Destination Dinners was established in 2006 by Lisa Diamond, who is a self-proclaimed “culinary adventurer”. Destination Dinners offer it’s customers several different recipe kits featuring food from all over the world. Each recipe kit is designed to give the recipient a delicious, authentic, dinner for four, and in addition to the food each kit includes fun and educational facts and tidbits about the destination you choose. From exotic locals like Thailand, Lebanon, Jamaica, and Israel to the best of New Orleans there is sure to be something to please even the pickiest eaters!

I received the Falafel Destination Dinner Kit to review, and as soon as I opened the box I was instantly transformed to Israel. The smell of ground cumin and chili peppers filled the air as soon as I opened the red Destination Dinners box. My Destination Dinner kit contained the non-perishable ingredients needed to prepare Falafel with “Hellfire” Harissa Sauce, a booklet telling all about Israel, and a grocery list to shop for the fresh ingredients needed to make the dish. As I prepared the falafel I couldn’t help but feel a sense of adventure. As we sat down to eat I could see the apprehension on my children’s faces (they are not very adventurous in the food department either) but that quickly faded as they cautiously sampled the first few bites. It didn’t take long for their plates to be empty and for them to demand that we have fawafel (what 2 of the kids called it) again soon.2458

In addition to their dinner kits, Destination Dinners offers its customers party kits, gift sets, and gift certificates. If you’re feeling adventurous and in the mood for something unusually wonderfull, I would recommend Destination Dinners! Destination Dinner Kits would make a unique birthday, hostess, or holiday gift as well!

Buy it! You can purchase Destination Dinner Kits online at destinationdinners.com

Be sure to check out this and other great holiday gift ideas in my Holiday Gift Guide 2009!

disclosure button

1 comment :

  1. Wow! I have to try that falafel. I usually make my own, and it's pretty mild, since I have the youngins. I'd love to try it spicy!

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!