Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, April 25, 2014


Holy wow it's been a long time since I've written a blog post, but I have to admit that it feels really, really good to be writing one right now!  I've been working non-stop for the past seven months (I'm talking 6 days a week, sometimes 9 hours a day #dontloveit) and I've just felt like I needed a little break from blogging as it was beginning to be a little blah, BUT I'm very happy to report that I am back and renewed and SO ready to share my world with all of you again...if y'all are still out there...y'all are out there...right?

The past few months have brought with them so many changes for me and for my family and I feel like I'm not the same person that I was when I stopped blogging.  I've learned quite a few lessons over the past few months and if you know me at all, then you know that I am always down for sharing some wisdom with all of you (hey, I call it wisdom, some people may call it being long-winded, whatever you call it, I'm gonna talk about it right about now...

Family is THE most important thing in the world and sometimes, the only family that you need are the ones who are right there beside you, sitting on the couch in their PJ's,  reading you a book or telling you about their day.  I've always had a super big extended family, but I've never really felt like we were "thick as thieves" so to speak.  There have been a select few who I stay in touch with and consider some of the closest people to me (y'all definitely know who you are) and the rest I may see once a year, that used to bother me, but I've learned to be OK with that...why you ask (and I'm just assuming that you are asking)?  Honestly, the older I get, the more I realize that the people who are worth having in your life are the ones who take the time to keep you in theirs. The people who don't make time for you, can't get over past differences, don't take the time to reach out to see how you are more than once a year, just are not the type of people I want in my world...family or not.  If that seems harsh, it may be, but when it comes down to it, the only people I need to please are the same ones who are reading me those books, sitting with me on the couch watching the Real Housewives (even though he'd rather be playing PS4) and coming home from school with arms wide open asking me how my day was...that, my friends, is family!


Some people are just always going to "see" you as they "see" you, no matter how inaccurate or unfair it is and you know what?  You just have to learn to roll with the punches and know when to stop worrying about what they think!    I have to be honest, there are a few people who believe me to be some not very nice things (without knowing me from Adam I might add) and I used to spend a lot of time and energy worrying about what those people thought of me, but one day I decide that I just didn't care.  You can't please everyone and the only thing you're gonna get by trying is a headache and a lot of hurt feelings, like Elsa says...LET IT GO, seriously, it's not worth it!  And besides, I'm pretty freaking awesome and the people who matter already know that!

 Sometimes people surprise you just when you least expect it!  Without getting overly personal and turning this post into an episode of Dr. Phil, about a year and a half ago my husband and I were not getting along that well, alright, that's the understatement of the century, we pretty much hated each other, we were both miserable, he was hateful to me nearly every waking moment, and divorce was definitely in the cards, but all of that changed and literally over night.  One day my husband was threatening divorce and the next he came to me and told me he didn't want to fight anymore...that was well over a year ago and except for a few minor arguments here and there, we haven't fought since.  I'm not sure what happened, or why he had such a change of heart, but I can tell you that a.)  I never thought it would happen and b.) I've never been happier in a relationship than I am right now. 



Last but not least, I've learned that life is about as unpredictable as a 3 year old with a box of crayons; if you're lucky they'll only color on paper, but if you turn your back for even just a second you'll be cleaning up crayons from your walls for days...life's the same way, one moment everything is fine and dandy, the next you're scrubbing that Magic Eraser till it falls apart cussing at  yourself for buying those damn crayons.

Until next time...


 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!