Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, November 4, 2011

As we inch closer to 2012 I ‘m starting to get a little nervous.  I know that there’s someone, somewhere who thinks that the world is going to end nearly every other day, but there seem to be quite a lot of someone’s who think that December 2012 is D Day and that makes this momma just a little bit on edge!image
I remember when everyone thought that Y2K was going to be the end of the world and I remember my mother going crazy stockpiling water and canned food and me thinking that she was a few cards short of a deck.  I remember watching my mom, with a smirk on my face, as she lectured me about survival food supplies and making sure that we had enough medicine to weather the storm that she was sure was coming to do us in.  And  I definitely remember thinking to myself that there wasn’t nearly enough anxiety pills in the world to calm her down if the stuff did hit the fan.  My sister and I would laugh as mom continued to stockpile water and she just kept telling us, “You won’t be laughing when we’re the only ones with clean water!” and we would of course, laugh some more. 

Fast forward 11 years and now I am the one freaking out.  Sure I haven’t stockpiled any water yet, but I have began thinking about becoming a little more prepared in case of a disaster.  While I don’t necessarily believe that the world will end next December I don’t think that being prepared would be such a bad thing and I’ve even began doing some research online about disaster preparedness and what I should have—just in case.  There are some great websites that offer all kinds of tips and checklists so that you can be as prepared as possible in the event of an emergency; there are even places like BuyEmergencyFoods.com, where you can buy freeze dried food to add to your disaster preparedness kits. 

So while I’m still on the fence about the whole world ending next year thing I do think that planning for a disaster is just a smart thing for us all to do!  Are you prepared? 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!