Whether your hosting a holiday party or just looking for the perfect sweet treat to wow your boss at the office Christmas party, Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes are for sure the right choice! Available in 3 deliciously sinful varieties (Classic Carrot Cake, Apple Carmel Cake, and Triple Chocolate Cake) these cake mixes are far from your typical cake mix!
I recently had the chance to try all three varieties of Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes (just one of the perks of the job folks) and I was very impressed. Being a total non-baker, I use cake mix all.the.time, to tell you the truth I wouldn’t even know where to start making a cake from scratch. I have to be honest and tell you that I do prefer Duncan Hines cake mixes, because to me they just taste better, but I had never tried their line of Decadent Cakes before my review. I love carrot cake (it is probably my favorite cake ever) so I knew that I would enjoy the Classic Carrot variety of Decadent Cakes, and I most certainly did. From real pieces of carrot and plump, juicy raisings to the to-die cream cheese icing, this cake was everything an exceptional carrot cake should be…and then some! My least favorite of the three was the Apple Carmel, but that’s because I don’t particularly care for apple anything. My kids do love apples and really loved the cake, I chose not to use the glaze and served it with vanilla ice cream…needless to say they completely gobbled it up! My absolute favorite of the three Decadent Cakes though was the Triple Chocolate…hands down! Normally I don’t enjoy chocolate (I know how weird that sounds, but it’s true) so I was very surprised when after one bite of the Triple Chocolate I was hooked. I opted to make the Incredible Middles Triple Chocolate Cupcakes instead of the standard cake and I was so glad I did. Check out the step-by-step directions below and be sure to keep these divine cupcakes in mind next time you need something sweet and chocolaty…these will impressed everyone!
Incredible Middles Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake mix
1 container of Duncan Hines Chocolate frosting (or Duncan Hines® Chocolate Amazing Glazes)
1. Preheat Oven to 350° F. Place 14-16 liners in muffin cups. (Tip: Spray top of pan with cooking spray for cupcakes to release from pan easier.)
2. Mix batter according to directions. Spoon batter into muffin tin, about 2/3rds of the way full. You will have enough batter for 14-16 cupcakes.
3. Mix chocolate pouch as directed on box. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of chocolate on top of the batter. Do not mix into batter. Allow the chocolate to sit on the surface of the cupcake.
4. Bake for 21-24 mins. Cupcakes will be golden brown and spring back when touched in center. Allow to cool completely before glazing or frosting.
5. Place approximately 6 TBSP chocolate frosting in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 seconds or until frosting resembles a glaze. With cupcakes on the cooling rack (**TIP TIME Make clean up easy by placing waxed paper or aluminum foil underneath wire cooling rack**) lighting drizzle the warm icing over the cupcakes.
6. Eat and enjoy! The warm chocolaty center will have your taste buds begging for more.
These cupcakes (or any of the yummy Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes) will make a huge impression at any holiday event so make sure you keep a box on hand for just such an occasion! Happy Baking!
**I received Decadent Cake Mixes from Duncan Hines to facilitate this review…the opinions expressed are my own**