Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, November 12, 2010

Usually during the holiday season I decide not to watch what I eat, mainly because I like to eat and the temptation is too great with all of the holiday parties and yummy goodies.  Apparently that mentality has spilled over into the way I eat the rest of the year because this past year I have gained weight.  Now honestly it’s not easy for me to say that because I have been thin all of my life, carrying around extra weight brought on by babies and my affinity for junk food is not fun.  So this holiday season I am committed to just saying NO to all of the sweets and instead kick starting my healthy diet and exercise regime. 

To help me kick start my exercise regime (and FYI I have never had an exercise regime in my life, unless you count running after my kids all day) I will be using 3 different methods (surely I will see results using that many).  First up is the method that I’ve been using for about a week, the Bender Ball.  I’m sure you have seen the infomercials on television late at night (especially all of you night owl mommy bloggers like me) and I have always been curious to see how it works so when I was given the opportunity to try it out I took advantage of it.  Not familiar with the Bender Ball?  No worries!

Here’s a little more about Bender Ball from their website:

The Bender Method
The secret to great results is the Bender Method of Core Training … developed by
master trainer Leslee Bender. Each of Leslee's ab sculpting moves puts you in the
perfect position for results. Combined with her effective method of selective
stabilization, it cranks up the intensity and targets the muscles you want from all
sides - your upper abs, the sides and those hard to reach lower abs.
Upper, Side & Lower Abs

The Bender Ball Workout
What you're seeing in the gym are people doing a gazillion crunches and they don’t know why they’re not getting results. With a regular crunch on the floor, you’re limited. You can only go forward, you can’t go back. With the Bender Ball, you’re getting extension back and flexion forward, which works your muscles more effectively.
image

Once my Bender Ball was delivered I knew I had to put up or shut up, so I sucked it up and did a workout…and about died.  Seriously though it was definitely a workout.  Take a basic crunch, doing a crunch the traditional way sucks (let’s just admit it…they are awful) and actually (at least for me) regular crunches have produced very little results, with the Bender Ball I can definitely feel the muscles working as I am doing crunches and it actually made it easier for me to push through the sets.  While I have not seen any real results (that could be because I haven’t been doing it daily) I can definitely tell a difference in the way I feel when I am working out now versus when i started…and I like that! 

Now to the second workout aid I’m trying out…Melt it Off.  Doesn’t that title just make you want to put on your workout clothes and get to work?  I know it does me!  For those of you who are not familiar with Melt it Off here’s a little more from their website:

image
Mitch Gaylord won 4 Olympic medals and has been inducted into the Olympic Hall of Fame. He became the first ever American gymnast to score a perfect 10! From his knowledge of core training, he designed the Melt It Off system.

With Mitch’s 3 Day Melt It Off Kick Start, you can start on Wednesday and be a size smaller for the weekend. Guaranteed! In independent university testing, the average result was over 5 pounds and 1 size in just 3 days!

I haven’t had a chance to try Melt if Off yet, but plan to start the 3 Day Melt tomorrow…so I will be back with the results of that on Monday…so stay tuned!

You can order both the Bender Ball and Melt if Off workouts online!

If you’re looking for a great workout regime to get you fit and looking great for those holiday parties and photos make sure you check out both the Bender Ball and Melt it Off!  You can also find out more about both of these workouts in MIBR 2010 Holiday Gift Guide!

disclosure button

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!