Image Map

ShareThis

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last summer I got a wild hair and decided to dye my hair…for the first time—ever.  Now I am not one to mess with perfection (kidding, kidding) so I have always been hesitant to dye my hair, even being willing to dye my hair was a huge step for me, but dying my hair for the first time…at home…now that is a whole other kinda crazy for me.  My mother, who has dyed her hair since before I was born, volunteered to dye my hair and after 30 terrifying minutes I was no longer afraid…and no longer a brunette.
 image
Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was approached to do a review for Clairol Natural Instincts.  Now a big part of the reason I never dyed my hair is because of the very strong ammonia smell given off by the majority of hair dye (I have an aversion to some smells and ammonia is one of them).  When I found out that Clairol Natural Instincts was ammonia free and infused with antioxidants I was more than happy to give it a try!
While I tried to find a Natural Instincts color that I really liked, I fell in love with a different Clairol color and decided to go with that.  I chose Clairol Herbal Essence Color Me Vibrant (also ammonia free) Bronzes Rubies Dark Burgundy Brown.  I loved that the color was dark (the look I was going for) and also had a hint of red (but not too much).  Since I am a complete rookie at coloring my hair I asked my sister to help out and color it for me.  It seemed like the application was taking forever so I panicked and washed earlier than I probably should have…my results?  Well that you can see for yourself!
100_5642 BEFORE
100_6542
AFTER
You definitely notice the red tint (which I hated at first) and the color did not come out as dark as it should have (my fault since I panicked and washed early) but the end result I actually learned to really like.  Since the dye I used was semi-permanent (meaning it lasts about 6 weeks) I am due to color again now and I cannot wait to try the Clairol Natural Instincts (I finally found a color I really like…Ebony Mocha)!

1 comment :

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!