Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goliath_logo With our lives so busy these days it’s not always easy to find time to enjoy things as a family.  For years we did Family Game Night every week, and then both of the babies came along and finding an hour to spend “playing” as a family was a little more difficult.  I’ve been wanting to resume our family game night for some time now so I’ve been on the hunt for great games to include.  Since board games are always a huge hit at our house for Christmas (yes I do insist that my children own just as many, if not more, board games than video games) I thought this would make a nice addition to my holiday gift guide!

Just in time for our new and improved Family Game Night I accepted a review from Goliath Games.  Goliath Games started in 1978 with a man named Adi Golad and his love of board games.  Goliath Games originated in Holland and was such a huge hit all over Europe that they decided to try their hand in the U.S.  From a trumped up version of checkers called Trap Door Checkers to the ever addicting Roll It, Goliath's games are sure to get your family up and having a blast in no time. thumbnail.asp

We were sent two games from Goliath Games to review; That’s It!  and Rolit Jr. That’s It is similar to the game Guess Who, each player chooses a secret picture, then each player takes turns trying to guess what the other’s secret image is using yes and no questions, the winner is the first person to guess the other’s secret picture.  My kids have always enjoyed games like this and this was no exception.  Something else I really like about this game is that it requires my children to actually think about what they’re doing and asking.   gg

The other game we received from Goliath Games was Rolit Jr. Rolit Jr. is the family version of Rolit, and it’s also one of Goliath’s best selling games.  The object of the game is to surround your opponents pieces and change them to your color.  It’s easy enough for kids to play but challenging enough for parents as well so it is definitely a great family game that only takes minutes to play but years to master.  My favorite thing about Rolit Jr. is that my fiancé and I can play with the kids and have just as much fun as they do, it’s not always easy  to find a game that adults and children game play together and have fun and with this game you can do just that!

Overall we really enjoyed both games.  I think the kids were more interested in That’s It!, but they definitely had a great time playing both.  Finding games that we can play together as a family is not easy, but these both fit the bill.

Buy it!  You can purchase both Rolit Jr. and That’s It online at goliathgames.us!

You can see these games and many more great gift ideas in Misadventures in Baby Raising’s Holiday Gift Guide 2009!

4 comments :

  1. Thank You for the review, I am always on the lookout for different games for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get on a game night! Love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love board games...I wish I could get more people to play with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your holiday games are rocking.

    Thanks............

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!