**Updated With Winner At The Bottom**
Thanks to all who entered!
Have you ever walked into a store looking for the perfect gift for someone only to spend hours and end up with little more than an impersonal, impractical gift that you’re not too pleased about giving? Me too! As a matter of fact I’ve started giving gift cards in place of actual gifts because it’s just easier and more practical. But recently I was introduced to a company that may just make you rethink giving gift cards ever again.
Have you ever heard the expression, “It takes A Whole Village to raise a child”? Well that’s the concept behind the company A Whole Village! A Whole Village takes the concept of preserving wisdom for future generations to a whole new level with their amazing books! The company started with an idea that a mother and father had for doing something special for their child and grew into what it is today, which is a company that makes preserving the wisdom, life stories, and ideas of someone’s village (family and friends) as easy as logging in and sharing their knowledge! Here’s how it works:
- After you sign up at A Whole Village you can set up your profile.
- Pick the categories for your book (the categories you choose will be the guidelines for your village members to add their wisdom.
- Invite your village members (your friends and family) to participate by adding their knowledge!
- Add your wisdom to the book.
You can also choose to add a dedication at the beginning of the book, upload photos to be used within the pages of the book, view, edit, and delete entries, and determine the cover design of your book! You can choose from three different cover styles; softcover, hardcover with book jacket, and hardcover with image wrap. They also offer seven different cover designs that can be used on any style book. When you are satisfied with your book you can preview it and then click print and in 3 weeks you will have a beautiful, truly personal gift for someone you love. Imagine being able to give your child a gift that they will be able to treasure for years to come, that doesn’t happen too often! These books will bring the great wisdom of your “village” to life and keep them for reference as your loved ones continue to grow. A book that your loved ones will be able to look to for guidance when they are going through a tough time or just need to reconnect with a loved one who is no longer with them!
Buy it! Looking for a gift that the recipient will cherish for years to come? Check out A Whole Village!
You can also check out A Whole Village (and gets lots of great gift ideas ) in my Holiday Gift Guide 2009!
The awesome people at A Whole Village would like to give one of my Misadventurous readers a chance to pass on some wisdom of their own! They are giving one of y’all a sofcover book (which sells for $79) to create memories of their own!
Win it! To be entered into this giveaway please check out AWholeVillage.com and look around, come back here and leave me a comment telling me which color book cover you would choose if you won(please give the name of the color not just blue or red) and who you would like to win this for! This is mandatory and must be completed before any extra entries count!
Extra Entries! Please leave separate comments for each extra entry!
- Follow Misadventures in Baby Raising via my RSS feed, email, or on Blogger…2 extra entries!
- Grab any (or all, thank you) of my buttons and display them on your blog…2 extra entries each!
- Follow me on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway…1 Tweet Per Day = 1 Extra Entry Per Day!
- Become a Fan (or Friend) of Misadventures in Baby Raising on Facebook…3 extra entries!
- Blog about this giveaway with links to A Whole Village and this post (or post on Facebook or Myspace)…5 extra entries!
- Enter my Plan Toys Giveaway…2 extra entries!
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post…2 extra entries!
This giveaway ends on Friday October 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM EDT. One winner will be chosen via Random.org and announced in this post! Winner will have 48 hours to contact me and claim their prize, failure to do so will result in the winner forfeiting their prize and me choosing a new winner via a live giveaway!
I was compensated for my time for this giveaway. I did not receive a product to review, any opinions expressed herein are my own.
Open to US and Canadian residents!
Winning number is:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2009-10-24 04:17:10 UTC
So that makes our winner: