Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, September 21, 2009

Being a review blogger I come across lots of products on a daily basis; most I like, some I do not, and then there are the ones that I love. 

I’ve always been a self-confessed make-up addict.   I honestly can not remember a day since my early teens that I didn’t wear make-up.  My foundation of choice was always some version of a whipped mousse and I was a huge fan, there was no getting me to switch…at least that’s what I used to think. 

A few weeks ago I was given the chance to try Sheer Cover mineral foundation.  Now I have to admit that this was my first experience with mineral foundation and I didn't have high expectations, not because of the product but because I was a true fan of the “other stuff”. 

Sheer Cover mineral’s are 100% natural and the exclusive formula of light reflecting minerals makes Sheer Cover one of a kind.  Skin soothing botanicals, natural sun protection, and anti-oxidant infused green tea work together to help Sheer Cover make your skin look and feel better!  Here is some more from the Sheer Cover website about the product:

  • Contains 100% pure minerals with NO oils, perfumes, dyes or talc's, so it's gentle and non-irritating - even for sensitive skin.
  • True Shade Technology™ ensures that the powders blend in with your skin tone for a perfect color match.
  • Feels light, allows the skin to breathe and goes beyond just covering up - it actually deflects light away from flaws.
  • Contains anti-oxidants designed to protect your skin from damaging free radicals.
  • Helps filter the sun's harmful rays and protect against the visible signs of premature aging with SPF 15.

    I received the Starter Kit to review (the kit included the Mineral Foundation, Duo Concealer, Lip to Lid Highlight Bronzer, and a Brush).  The first time I used Sheer Cover I was apprehensive but that soon gave way to sheer joy as I realized what I had been missing using the “other stuff”.  I can not tell you how much I love this product, it truly is a great product that I would stand behind any day of the week, but since words do little to convey how great this product is I decided to do a vlog.  Yes I did a video of me WITHOUT make-up applying Sheer Cover…enjoy!

    As I mentioned earlier I received the Starter Kit to review, one of the shades was a little too light for me so I decided to pass it on to my sister for her to try.  Below is my sister’s thoughts on Sheer Cover:

    I have tried several brands of mineral foundation, so I had high expectations from Sheer Cover. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and I really like it. It goes on smoothly, covers dark under-eye circles, and I can't even feel it on my skin. There is no smell like there is with traditional liquid foundation, which is nice. It is quick to apply with no mess. Great for those who want light to moderate coverage.

    I also wanted to let you guys know that in a few weeks I will have some great make-up tips for you from Celebrity Make-up artist Alison Burmeister so make sure you check back for that! 

     

  • 0 comments :

    Post a Comment

    Can you relate? Well let me know about it!