Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2661022 I have always tried to make sure that my children are learning even when they think they’re having fun…does that make sense?   I learned early on that children learn constantly so making sure even as a new mom I understood the importance of incorporating fun and education. 

My son is a movie buff (yes two year olds can enjoy movies too) and while I am more than happy to fuel his movie obsession I have only one rule…the movie must be educational in some way.  While the vast majority of Bub’s movies do offer the best of fun and learning they are not always the most entertaining and Bub gets bored relatively easily with them.

Recently I had the chance to review (thanks to NCircle Entertainment) the Word World DVD Castles in the Sea and I have to say that I was more than impressed with it!  First I will say that Word World is a show on PBS that my children watch all the time and the DVD that I reviewed offered the same fun and creative ways of learning that can capture and keep my children’s attention.  I love the fact that the words are not only used repetitively in the DVD but that everything from the plants to the characters (my favorite is the duck) are the words themselves (see example below).   My son not only sat in front of the television and watched the entire DVD (which is extremely rare) I found him saying the words and really paying attention to what was going on.  I even noticed my seven year old watching the DVD intently and she even bragged later that she had learned to spell shark and castle!

If you’re looking for a fun, educational, and entertaining DVD for your preschooler I highly recommend Word World Castles in the Sea!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!