Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, June 10, 2009


When you're a mom nothing is worse than seeing your baby in pain. Unfortunately this is something that I experience far too often simply because 3 of my 4 children suffer from frequent, severe ear infections. My middle daughter Savanna and both of the babies have been plagued by horrible ear infections since birth and while it is troubling for me as a mom to try and comfort the pain and discomfort of those infections it's even harder to watch my babies be in pain. Savanna has had 5 sets of PE tubes placed in both ears and while the tubes did help when they were in place she has experienced more ear infections since the last set was taken out. Unfortunately Savanna's ears have suffered so much trauma from the multiple sets of tubes (build up of scar tissue, a whole in one of her ears caused by the many sets of tubes) that she is unable to have anymore PE tubes placed, which very simply means that she will have to suffer from frequent ear infections until she outgrows them. My sons doctor recommended that he get tubes last winter after what seemed like 3 full months of one ear infection after another but since we experienced so many negatives with the aftermath of Savanna's tubes we opted not to have the surgery done. Now my youngest daughter suffers from ear infections as regularly as my middle two children and it is taking a huge toll on all of us, there is constantly someone on antibiotics around here!

When I heard about the EARDOC I was skeptical (as I always am when it concerns my kids) but I was also very excited when I found out I would be reviewing it. In my experience nothing seems to help when my babies ears hurt (Tylenol and Motrin are just something that eases the fevers the pain never seems to go away) so if the EARDOC could help even a little it was worth knowing about! The EARDOC is a non-invasive device that is designed to open the ear tubes without medication or ear tube surgery. The EARDOC works by generating and transmitting vibration waves which travel through the bone to the middle ear and open the Eustachian tube. The waves drain the trapped fluids and ease the pressure, which is what often causes the most pain.




The EARDOC can be used to help ease the pain due to:
  • Otis Media or swimmers ear
  • Trapped fluids and gases in the middle ear
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Air travel.

True to form my daughter Savanna had yet another ear infection shortly after I received the EARDOC to review. Before taking her to the doctor I tried the EARDOC and she said that the pain was much less than before using the EARDOC...that in itself is a big relief. Though the EARDOC did help elevate some of Savanna's pain I did have to end up taking her to the doctor you're experience with the EARDOC could be different than mine. I like knowing that if my kids wake up at 3 am with an earache that I can use the EARDOC before making an emergency run to the ER.

You can find all the information that you need on the EARDOC here. And you can also follow EarDoc on Twitter and Facebook!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!