Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, April 6, 2009

I have been so neglectful of everything lately including my blogs! It seems like if you stop for a minute then life just fast forwards on you can never seem to catch up, but I'm here now trying to do just that!

I know I promised more pictures from our trip to Gatlinburg but honestly I haven't even uploaded half of them to my computer (it's the procrastinator in me). So when I get them all finished I promise to put some up!

Alright so now that all of that is out of the way I'll move on! Yesterday was Nay Nay's birthday (and I did write a post about it but it wasn't how I wanted it to be so I didn't post it). Savanna turned 7 yesterday and her birthday celebration lasted nearly all weekend long, which was fine by her because being the Drama Queen she is, she naturally assumed that the whole month of April was reserved for her birthday!

On Saturday her father threw her a party @ Chuck E Cheese's...now I know that all of you parents out there know how truly annoying, loud, and expensive this place can be, but we all suffer through it for the sake of our kids...right? Right! So I sucked it up, put on a smile, and had as much fun as the kids did...can you say skee ball ...I am so addicted to that game! Savanna had the time of her life dancing with Chuck E (I mean should be really use his whole name all of the time?), playing with her friends, eating pizza, and of course raking in the birthday loot...and there was plenty of that! It made me so happy to see my baby girl (and by the way she requested that I not call her that anymore now that she's 7) have so much fun!

On Sunday (her actual birthday) when there wasn't a huge party she was dissapointed and boy did she ever let me know it! I tried to explain to her that her party was the day before and since she already had one party she didn't need two...that wasn't good enough she had a fit...so much for referring to her as my big girl). A few minutes later when my mother showed up bearing gifts (aka loads of moola) she was fine!


Savanna is my middle daughter and though sometimes I know she gets upset and wonders why I don't always have as much time for her as I would like to have she handles it pretty well. I think it's amazing when we can learn from our children and Nay Nay has taught me so much in 7 short years.

  • She has shown me what unwavering faith and love in God looks like...seeing how much she loves God always makes me sit back and wonder how she can be so young and have no doubts yet at 30 I am still not sure!
  • She has taught me that being sensitive is not a bad thing...one day she saw me upset and crying and she walked over sat on my lap, wiped away a tear from my eye and told me, "Mommy it's ok to cry, sometimes it makes you feel better!"
  • She's taught me that childhood magic doesn't have to go away when you grow up...and this is one of the best lessons I've ever learned from my kids...every time I see her eyes light up over something that can only be equated to being "magicical" it makes me feel like I'm 5 years old on Christmas morning...in those moments when she's most happy I relive the happiest most magical moments from my childhood and I'll never be able to thank her enough for that!
She's taught me many more lessons but I'll save those for another rainy day...I just wanted all of you to know how special she is to me and that I love her more than any words (no matter how clever) will ever be able to say!

Happy Birthday Nay Nay...I LOVE YOU!



4 comments :

  1. Awwww! What a sweet post. Happy Birthday to Nay Nay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post!

    Happy Birthday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very lovely post. Sounds like your pretty little girl had a great birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock on! Happy Birthday girlie, Chuck E Cheese sounds like so much fun. I want to come dance with you and the big mouse :)

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!