Image Map

ShareThis

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I know I’ve said it a million times this month,  but I love Halloween!  I also love trivia and knowing weird facts that other people don’t know(it’s a sickness I’m sure) so I thought what better way to write another Halloween related post than to post the Top 10 Phobias Related to Halloween (at least the top 10 according to me)!

 

image

 

1.  Samhainophobia-  Samhain was an ancient Pagan festival of the dead and where what we know today as Halloween derived from…hence Samhainophobia=the fear of Halloween!

 

2.  Ailurophobia- Ailurophobia is the persistent, irrational fear of cats…so since I assume that black cats would definitely qualify Ailurophobia could be fear of back cats!

 

3.  Wiccaphobia-the fear of witch craft

 

4.  Paraskavedekatriaphobia –-fear of Friday the 13th  also Triskaidekaphobia-fear of the #13

 

5.  Coimetrophobia - Fear of cemeteries

 

6.  Coulrophobia-fear of clowns

 

7. Feretrophobia –fear of coffins (I think I have this)

 

8.  Hauntophobia –fear of haunted houses

 

9.  Hemophobia-fear of blood

 

10. Maskaphobia –-fear of masks

 

Thanks to http://www.fearofstuff.com/phobialist/ for all the help!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!