I know I’ve said it a million times this month, but I love Halloween! I also love trivia and knowing weird facts that other people don’t know(it’s a sickness I’m sure) so I thought what better way to write another Halloween related post than to post the Top 10 Phobias Related to Halloween (at least the top 10 according to me)!
1. Samhainophobia- Samhain was an ancient Pagan festival of the dead and where what we know today as Halloween derived from…hence Samhainophobia=the fear of Halloween!
2. Ailurophobia- Ailurophobia is the persistent, irrational fear of cats…so since I assume that black cats would definitely qualify Ailurophobia could be fear of back cats!
3. Wiccaphobia-the fear of witch craft
4. Paraskavedekatriaphobia –-fear of Friday the 13th also Triskaidekaphobia-fear of the #13
5. Coimetrophobia - Fear of cemeteries
6. Coulrophobia-fear of clowns
7. Feretrophobia –fear of coffins (I think I have this)
8. Hauntophobia –fear of haunted houses
9. Hemophobia-fear of blood
10. Maskaphobia –-fear of masks
Thanks to http://www.fearofstuff.com/phobialist/ for all the help!