Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, August 26, 2013

“I participated in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Zact. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating”

Though my two oldest daughters have standard cell phones (or devices that allow them to text and make calls via wifi) they are still constantly using my phone to FaceTime their friends or make calls when they are outside of wifi range.  Having cell phones doesn’t stop my girls from asking me (constantly) for the latest smartphone, but the mom in me just doesn’t think it’s the best idea—much to their dismay!  I’m far from the only mom out there though who has concerns about my children’s mobile usage, Zact recently conducted a survey that found 73% of U.S. parents are concerned about the lack of parental control of a child’s activities on mobile devices. How do you feel about your children owning smartphones?  Do you think there’s a specific  age where having a smartphone would be considered appropriate?  Make sure you check out  the Zact, U.S. Mobile Families Survey 2013 infographic below for more information from the survey!

Zact Infographic

1 comment :

  1. My children DON'T have cell phones and will not be getting them anytime soon and they are 13 and 14. I think that cell phones are a responsibility that not too many children and teens are ready for, in my eyes they are most often an accident waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!