Image Map

ShareThis

Friday, July 19, 2013

I don’t know how the weather is in your neck of the woods, but here in southern Ohio it’s HOT!  With the heat index steady holding in the 100’s the past few days, it’s been enough to make me go in search of ways to beat the heat and stay cool, so when a pitch containing a recipe for popsicles landed in my inbox, I just knew I had to share.  These popsicles are a little different than your average  store-bought, high fructose corn syrup laden, popsicles though, they have tofu as one of the star ingredients!  The recipe for these yummy Tofu and Berry Popsicles come from celebrity chefs Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos’ and sound as yummy as they look.  You can find out a little more about the star ingredient in the Tofu and Berry popsicles and check out  the recipe below…enjoy!

Made with House Foods Tofu, these popsicles are heaven sent in the hot heat! With the added benefits of soy and berries, this recipe brings together the sweet berries of the season along with the creamy texture of soft tofu. The celebrity couple explains, “Tofu is as versatile as sour cream, heavy cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese or ricotta and has allowed us to bring new life and a healthier component to many of our favorite recipes.” House Foods Tofu is non-GMO verified, certified kosher and gluten-free. Available in various firmness ranges – from soft to extra firm – along with an organic line of products sold nationwide.

Tofu and Berry Popsicles

Created by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel’s show Extra Virgin

tofu-berry-popsicles

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 package (7 oz) House Foods Tofu Soft

2 cups strawberries or other berries, hulled and sliced

1/2 cup super fine sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

Add the berries to a bowl and toss with the sugar and the vanilla. Let sit out for 20 minutes so they become juicy.

Add fruit mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add the tofu and blend again until incorporated.

Divide the mixture into 4 popsicles molds. Freeze until firm, for about 4 hours.

Makes 6 Popsicles (3 ounces each)

I must admit, I’ve never been much of a tofu fan and to be honest I’m not even fully sure how to use tofu, but these popsicles might make me change my mind…I’ll let y’all now how they work out for us!

2 comments :

  1. I have never eaten nor purchased/cooked/baked with tofu. I have always been a little afraid of it honestly. Before I try to make them, I am curious to know how your family liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I am going to try this

    ReplyDelete

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!