Image Map

ShareThis

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

image

 

Being a work-from-home mom means not having too many occasions where I get to dress-up and strut my stuff, which is kind of disappointing since I am all about fashion and shopping!  There are of course, occasions like rare weekend outings with friends and my recent Adults Only trip to Tennessee where sweats and t-shirts won’t cut it and for those occasions I choose Karen Kane!

 

If you’ve never heard of Karen Kane, then let me be the first to formally introduce you!

(From the Karen Kane website)

 

One of the most respected names in women’s apparel today, Karen Kane has become truly synonymous with style, comfort, and sophistication. That distinction comes from the brand’s namesake and chief designer.

After growing up in the small town of Santa Barbara, Karen moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of becoming a fashion designer. She enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and graduated two years later with a degree in fashion. After meeting her husband Lonnie, the pair launched Karen Kane out of their garage in Studio City. With little more than a dream to work off of, they shipped their first collection in December 1979. By the time they were ready to begin production on their next collection, they realized that they would need more space to keep up with demand. Moving to a new space in Downtown LA, Karen and Lonnie continued to do all of their own sewing and manufacturing before finally finding contractors who could support their growing business.


As Karen’s company continued to expand, so too did her family. Today, she has two sons who live in Los Angeles and New York City, and the company has grown into a 130,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility in Vernon, California. Karen’s collections are featured in department stores and specialty boutiques nationwide. The Vernon office holds the company’s design, silk screening, research, pattern making, grading, cutting, and customer service departments. Corporate showrooms in Los Angeles, New York, and Dallas assist with sales, as do many retail representatives across the country.

While trends have changed since Karen launched her first collection, her approach and personal philosophy toward fashion has never wavered. She designs with ease, luxury, and longevity in mind. Her inspiration comes from that which is closest to her soul – the California Coast she has long called her home, the city streets she and her co-workers navigates each day, and of course, her family. When asked about the qualities that define Karen, many of her colleagues and contemporaries quickly point out two things: her professional drive and personal sense of humility. This could be seen as early as high school when she won an award in for “Outstanding Tailoring” from the State of California. That award would be the first of many more – the prestigious FIDM Peacock Award for excellence in design upon graduation, two annual “Best Modern Wear Line” Dallas Fashion Awards, a nomination for the Fashion Industry Guild’s “California Designer of the Year.” In 2000, her husband Lonnie also received an award of his own for “CEO of the Year” from Apparel Magazine (known at the time as Bobbin).

I have been a fan of Karen Kane’s fabulous designs so when I had the chance recently to work with them on a review I was extremely excited!  What I love most about Karen Kane’s pieces are that they instantly give you the air of luxuriousness—you feel more sexy when you’re wearing the pieces and that’s a definite must for me!  While the pieces may be a little more than some of us mommy’s are used to spending, the pieces are made to last  through each season and still come out looking fabulous and feeling even better!

 

I was sent two amazing tops from the Karen Kane collection to review!  I received both the Smocked Sequin Top and the Sequin Stripped Blouse.  I have to admit I fell in love with the Smocked Sequin Top as soon as I saw it on the website, it’s simply amazing with a gorgeous scroll design and flutter sleeves, it is guaranteed to get a couple of stares whenever you wear it!  I also love the casual feeling you get from the Sequin Stripped Blouse but with so much wow factor you’ll definitely be the topic of much conversation—I know I was!  Since I also believe that pictures speak volumes I decided to do a lil modeling and show you how much I love these great blouses!

 

Karen Kane

 

Me posing for the camera in my Smocked Sequin Top which is my new FAVORITE top!

 

Karen Kane 2

 

A close-up…look at the amazing sequin detail—gorgeous! 

 

Karen Kane-3

 

Me wearing the Sequin Stripped Blouse from Karen Kane—LOVE this!

 

If you’re like me and love getting dressed-up and painting the town then you have to check out Karen Kane…I promise you will be coming up with all kinds of new reasons for a night out! 

 

You can purchase both the Smocked Sequin Top and the Sequin Stripped Blouse online at KarenKane.com!

 

*I received the products mentioned above to facilitate my review…all opinions are my own and were not influenced by the sponsor! *

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!